Celebrity jerks?

Plus, you probably left him thinking he put one over on a potential fan, which I expect he enjoyed.

I'll say this about him: his skill was totally wasted in the role of Chekov. You want to see him really shine? Watch him in Babylon 5, where he gives a particularly nuanced performance. You'll hate him, sympathize with him, root for him, root against him, and hate him again, sometimes all within a single episode! With Trek, I just never really felt like he got to do much more than talk with a funky accent and wear a Beatles haircut.

I got a great story from one of my Hollywood friends the other day:

He was walking with a friend at some place up near Griffith Park, and apparently he runs across Nathan Fillion and Alan Tudyk walking their dogs together. He doesn't realize that it's them until after they pass. But I guess the park was built in a one-track manner, so my friend thinks "hey, there's nowhere for them to go up there, which means they'll be coming back down again..." he pulls a creeper move and hangs around at the bottom of the hill, and sure enough, he sees them coming back down (with their dogs - I just thought that was the funniest thing). He approaches them very timidly and asks if there's "any chance" he could get a picture.

Allegedly, Nathan's response was "I thought you'd never ask".

He only jerk I've met was jake Lloyd aka the young anakin skywalker. Met him at a collectormania event a couple of years back, been excited about getting his autograph, no one was in line so I went straight up with a big smile on my face with my wife and a mate. He had his head in his hands, I said hello, handed over the money and photo to be signed and he looked at my mate and said "dude, your freaking me out". Have to admit he ruined the whole day for me! Git! Carrie fisher, Antony Daniels, billy dee Williams, kenny baker, dave prowse, Jeremy bullock all fantastic....especially Jeremy bullock, top guy!:)

He only jerk I've met was jake Lloyd aka the young anakin skywalker. Met him at a collectormania event a couple of years back, been excited about getting his autograph, no one was in line so I went straight up with a big smile on my face with my wife and a mate. He had his head in his hands, I said hello, handed over the money and photo to be signed and he looked at my mate and said "dude, your freaking me out". Have to admit he ruined the whole day for me! Git! Carrie fisher, Antony Daniels, billy dee Williams, kenny baker, dave prowse, Jeremy bullock all fantastic....especially Jeremy bullock, top guy!:)

Considering he had his head in his hands as you approached him, I'd say that qualifies as "Sometimes they have bad days like everyone else."

I have a few good celebrity stories:

David Hasselhoff "THE HOFF!":
When I was 7, they filmed the NIGHT RIDER season 3 opener at my house. The Hoff was there for 3 full days. I was - Im sure - the most annoying fanboy little kid ever... Night Rider was my favorite show of ALL TIME at that point. He was the NICEST person EVER to me. I remember him posing for HUNDREDS of pictures, taking me around to see KITT, signing autographs - He even gave me his crew hat!! (Which I still have) People ask me "Did he seem drunk," etc.. all the time and I always say NO. He was such a great guy and I will defend him forever!

Alfred Molina:
When I was on set for SORCERERS APPRENTICE, Alfred Molina would often eat with "the crew," sit at the tables with us and tell us hilarious stories. The guy is legitimately really really funny. He would crack us up, insist we called him "Fred." Just a Rad guy all around.

OK - Ill make it 3 because I really love this guy: GUILLERMO DEL TORO

Guillermo works with Dreamworks and while working there I ran into him a handfull of times. He is charming, totally hilarious, and I always felt like he was just a "one of us" movie nerd guy!!! Very awesome guy who will poke fun at himself and come up and introduce himself to you!

I've had a bunch of encounters with Celebrities.

Peter Falk - I met him in 89. My father and I were at the beach (East Coast, can't remember which one), and were walking up a hill to a saltwater taffy shop. This man was walking towards us and when I first saw him I thought he was a bum. He was wearing some ratty pants with an untucked button up shirt and just looked really disheveled. Well, my father says, "Mr Falk, I am a huge fan!" I look at him and finally realize I recognize him from the Princess Bride. He couldn't have been nicer. He shook our hands, thanked us for being fans and wished us well. Extremely nice guy! Then as he continued down the steep hill, the woman that my dad was dating at the time was sitting on a bench waiting for us. My dad started gesturing at him and she just looked at us and him. He walked by her and nodded and went on his way. We walked back down and asked her if she realized it was Peter Falk. She said, she had no idea who he was and thought we wanted her to trip him or something. Now, that would have been a story!

David Prowse - He came to a small local comic shop and was doing a signing. He signed a book for me, charged me something like $15 and didn't have much to say. He seemed really bitter. His wife was trying to move the line along and was irritated that I hadn't bought something for him to sign and pretty much gave me the stink-eye when I asked for him to sign my Darth Vader book. Oh well, I figured he didn't want to be in a comic shop in the middle of nowhere signing, but oh well.

Gary Coleman - I met him at the NYCC. Some guy was hassling him, just being a jerk. I had just finished talking to Ray Park, (His handler would not allow him to arm wrestle me, I think Ray was game though), I walked over and told the guy to get lost. He wandered away and I asked if I could get my picture taken with Gary. We didn't talk much but he couldn't have been nicer. I paid $5 to get my picture taken with him and he insisted that we make sure it was perfect since I had paid good money for it. Am extremely nice guy late at night on the last day of a 4 day Con.

Peter Mayhew - At the same NYCC, I went outside for a smoke and while my wife and I were sitting there, Peter Mayhew walked out and stood with us. We made small talk and I told him I was a huge fan. He was extremely nice, (and I think appreciative that I didn't ask for autographs or pictures while he was taking a break). The poor guy was in pretty bad pain. A great guy!

I have a lot of comic book creator stories. But I'll save them for another time.

My wife got into an argument with Dave Mathews and her friend slapped him across the face. The guy is an inappropriate ******.

The singer from Seether. (Which I am not willing to look up.) I came really close to hitting him.I was the head of security for a bunch of clubs and I was walking back from one club back to the main one.I was standing in line waiting to get in. As I was about to walk in, this guy puts his hand on my chest and says, "It's a $5 cover." I figured the guy was trying to shake down people since we didn't have a cover. So I grabbed his arm, twisted him to the ground and was about to hit him, when the door girl ran out screaming "He's with the band!" I let him go and went inside. He later went up to Canada and was doing an XM radio interview and he told the story. The girl doing the interview is friends with my wife and asked if it was the bar. He was shocked and said yes. She then told him I was her friend's husband. :D

Real Quick, Ken Shamrock in 1996 at the airport. He seemed amused I recognized him. (The dude's hand is huge with little sausage fingers.) Randy Savage when I was a kid. My cousin took me by his house and he was mowing the lawn. (They lived in the same neighborhood.) He was really cool and gave me an "Oh yeah!" Abdulah the Butcher when I was about 12. He was getting on the plane with us and he was smoking this nasty cigar in the airport. A very large man! (I've never been a wrestling fan but I always seemed to be around people who were.)

Back from Chiller, and had a really excellent time.

Finally met 1 of my childhood crushes, Marina Sirtis, and told her so lol. Funny enough she asked who the girl next to me was, and after i said she was my gf, she started shouting "Whats the matter with you, you don't say that to a woman next to your gf...you do it privately" lolol she was a really good sport. she came out of her table to talk to us some more and kept telling my gf how hot she was and complimented her body parts hahaaha. as we left, she gave me a hug and very nicely felt up my arms. I was in heaven lol.

Wow, Really? She was my first childhood crush as well, but I'm such a looser, I was there with my mother ;o).
Although my mother mentioned that she looks much younger now than in her photo's, and she pulled me in so close, I thought I was starting to get nervous and not sure what to do ;o). Thank god I had my pack gun to hold to keep me occupied ;o).. Nice to see she's as genuine as she seemed ;o).
I just wish my photo wasn't zoomed in so close......Yours is far nicer framed...Every detail on our faces is showing :).

Not a jerk story, but thought I'd share it. I live in Ojai, California, a place many celebrities go to get away from the stress of Los Angeles. I was looking through a section of flip flops in a surplus store and a man behind me taps my shoulder to ask where to find air soft guns. I turned around to show him and recognized him immediately. John Krasinski from the office. I kind of stumbled back a little but eventually summed up the courage to show him and ask him for an autograph. He said he would be happy, but neither of us had any paper, so he ended up signing a pair of flip flops I had in my hand.

Shame about your David Prowse story, the guy has been totally shafted by George Lucas so can't blame the guy for resenting his main source of income. We all have bad days at work.

I met him at a collectormania event this year and wasn't expecting anything from anyone but he was really nice. My fiancee photoshopped my face onto a star wars picture with Darth Vader in it and not only did he notice but he had a good laugh and showed it off to people :)

Jeremy Bulloch was also amazing (I've wanted to meet him for like half my life so I was totally starstruck haha.

Also met Lance Henricksen who was also great. So weird talking to Bishop!

Ok I have to brag about this. A few years back I asked my wife to make a Freddy sweater for me. Today we took it to Days of the Dead and met Heather Langenkamp. She like the sweater so much she wanted to commission one! Well instead we let her keep mine. :) She was such a sweetheart.

994660_532541756836807_1103058323_n.jpg

KNIGHT RIDER WITH "K", K!!! :facepalm:lol:lol

I have a few good celebrity stories:

David Hasselhoff "THE HOFF!":
When I was 7, they filmed the NIGHT RIDER season 3 opener at my house. The Hoff was there for 3 full days. I was - Im sure - the most annoying fanboy little kid ever... Night Rider was my favorite show of ALL TIME at that point. He was the NICEST person EVER to me. I remember him posing for HUNDREDS of pictures, taking me around to see KITT, signing autographs - He even gave me his crew hat!! (Which I still have) People ask me "Did he seem drunk," etc.. all the time and I always say NO. He was such a great guy and I will defend him forever!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back