Celebration Europe 2, 26.-28. July (2013), Essen-Germany - Who is going?

The CE II 501st party on Saturday (for Legion members worldwide to have a chance to meet in person, down a couple beers and chat about costumes, nerdy stuff and enjoy togetherness out of costume for a change) is definitely a club-only, exclusive thing, and tickets have basically almost been long sold out AFAIK. So if you're not an active 501st member, this is not for you - just quoting the facts.
There were roundabout 600 tickets if I recall this correctly and there sure as heck aren't a whole lot left as of today.

That's just the big "official" 501st party on Saturday evening, mind you:
There will be, as Markus has pointed out, a whole bunch of Essen bars and pubs along the Rüttenscheider Straße open for costume/prop/merch nerds and geeks like us from around the globe.
That official pub crawl thing might be the best bet to meet people outside of the various, club- and fan-organized exclusive parties that are held at/around CE II.

There is another, smaller 501st Legion meet&greet on Thursday night, without ticket pre-sales and, to the best of my knowledge, also open for a limited amount of close friends of the Legion - I'm pretty sure though that "close friends of the Legion" equals members' families, girl-/boyfriends and people who are partners and/or regulars at each and every local event.
Like you can see in my PM that Chaim quoted from, one or two more guests will not be a problem if a 501st member personally invited you to join, but PLEASE do not take this as an open invitation for half the RPF or everyone attending CE2. It's still first and foremost a 501st thing and there will be corresponding threads and invitations in the international Legion/Garrison boards with more information for all who are invited to join.

German Garrison will surely crucify me if suddenly hundreds of people from the RPF turn up and tell them "This guy ObiHahn invited us, so here we are!". :D

I think i will went with my both sons (aged 5 and 9) at friday, hoping that it is not so overcrowded...

What is the situation with smoking in Germany? Are tobacco-heads still allowed to smoke in bars and restaurants? :unsure

The CE II 501st party on Saturday is definitely a club-only, exclusive thing, and tickets have basically almost been long sold out AFAIK.
Ah. Too bad. I know at some previous celebrations there have been bigger parties open to everyone where the 501st have been one of the organizers.

BTW, I am going to submit an application to the 501st in a day or two, and maybe I will get approved before the con. :) I understand that it would be too late to sign up for any specific troops and get benefits that that would entail, but I would at least like to get into the official group picture if possible.

I'll be going with friends on Saturday. We will all be cosplaying: 1 Han Solo girl, 2 Jedi female, 1 Jedi male, and I'll be as a custom designed Sith (I hope it'll work :facepalm) I'll post some progress on TRPF if I have the time till then, but some props I put together for my fellow cosplayers can be seen on my Facebook page
We're from Belgium. This is our first time at a SW Con, and we're all quite new to cosplay & cons…
Have you guys some advise for this convention?
I'll be happy to join if there is some kind of RPF gathering on Saturday :)

Come early ... otherwise you'll find yourselfs waiting in very long lines before the entrance doors ...
and bring some food and drinks in case you do find yourselfs waiting in line ... in full costume :wacko

I'll be working near the main stage ... see my profile Sym-Cha ... for my recently updated self-picture.

-Chaim

Come early ... otherwise you'll find yourselfs waiting in very long lines before the entrance doors ...
and bring some food and drinks in case you do find yourselfs waiting in line ... in full costume :wacko

I'll be working near the main stage ... see my profile Sym-Cha ... for my recently updated self-picture.

-Chaim
THX
The con opens at 10 am right? So do you think 9 am would do?

(here's the cosplay I'll be wearing (if everything goes ok) Custom designed Sith )

Last edited:
Hey guys, does anyone knows if the halls at Messe Essen are air-conditioned or something? Look's like it 'll be around 86°F (30°c) in that area… :(

Of course there must be some air-conditioning... It would be a good idea to bring a bottle of water in any case.

Could you tell us something about if the lines to the main stage are going to be very long or not? The Grugahalle seems to have multiple entrances, but it is not self-evident which ones that the convention is going to use and in what way.

Also, are we allowed to stay in the hall in-between panels? It would not be fun to have to get out just to get back in line again, for the hall that you have just left ...

I'll be driving there and back all three days. My only 5 month old son wants his daddy back for nightly diaper changing!
(Yeah, since my wife is the on a weekday shift, the weekend is mine and even a galaxy far, far away wont change it...) :lol

Anyway, we should find a nice meeting point for a first meeting with all attending RPF members on friday.
Unfortunatly there aren't that many RPF members coming and my 501st status is on inactive since years... (Good old MEPD times...)

How about declaring one of the bars as the "inofficial" RPF meeting point for the evenings/ nights !? ;)
I guess it´d be much easier to run into fellow RPF-members in a bar vs. the convention location...what do you guys think?

Judging by the pics I´d recommend:

Eigelstein - Rüttenscheider Straße 199

Markus :)

Hi Darth Lars,

The last time I worked at the main stage the lines were long depending on the act/panel/guest on stage ... and I would not be surprised that once again you'd have to leave your seat and stand back in line again for the next panel, since we had to request everyone to leave back in 2007. However you are allowed to remain in the Hall ... as far as I'm informed though.

Enjoy,

Chaim

Last edited:
Hey Markus
I hope you don't mind me Chiming in here but an RPF meet up sounds like an awesome idea, id like to make a suggestion if I may

On Friday evening ROTJ is being played on the open air screen it would be great if we all got together to watch this and then moved on for Drinks etc etc after.

id also suggest that what ever evening is picked (try to avoid Saturday as this is the big 501st PARTY) everyone tries to wear RPF related T-shirts for the simple reason we all know we are part of the same group

Someone told me that the floor plans for the convention are in the "Who's Coming" menu on the official site. No wonder I had not found them earlier.

I heard from someone in Essen that it was also already 31° hot there today. Gah... I'm from the North, I can't handle more than 25° :p

Somehow my reply was cut short Darth Lars ... check again I finished my sentence now ...
hm 31°C ... note to self ... leave Obi-Wan Kenobi Episode III robes at home and bring my
shorts.

-Chaim

P.S. I don't have an RPF T-shirt ... I'll be wearing a London 2007 Celebration Europe instead
or my recent SW CE2 CREW shirt, although we're not allowed to outside ... don't ask me why?

P.S. 2 Eigelstein noted as well ... as an after ROTJ option, for those who don't want to watch
the movie?

Last edited:
Those, who don´t watch the movie ...feel free to rush for Eigelstein up front and have a few cold beverages.
Those, who plan to watch the movie... don´t even think about NOT heading to the bar after it :lol

@ Chaim:
When exactly will they screen ROTJ?

edit...just checked the website, screening starts at 7:30 p.m.

Markus

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back