Casting in bronze in Canada HELP!

AntCaps

Hey guys,
i need some help and I don't know where else to ask.
in the very near future I'm having an artist sculpt out a bust of a minotaur, he will be using sculpy but I intend on having it cast eventually. My problem is that I haven't been able to locate a local foundry or even one in Canada that works with such small orders at an affordable price. To help with the cost I intend on making my own mold of the original sculpt to make my own wax cast for the foundry to use.

i need your guys help in finding a foundry or another place that could do this. If it helps I live in the Niagara region of Ontario Canada but I am in the GTA very often.
thanks!

Have you tried to contact a foundry in the the States or elsewhere? How many pieces are you looking to cast? Judging by your wax cast, you're looking for investment casting, which is an expensive process to begin with... have you looked into cold casting? I know it's not the same, but it would be cheaper and you can do it yourself.

I've had some bronze sculptures cast locally (Greece) in very small numbers for a reasonable cost, though they weren't lost wax, and this was roughly 12+ years ago.

I had them cast 5 female bodies, 2 large heads (not shown), 5 medium heads (shown on the oak block), and 5 small heads (also not shown). The heads are all 'the same' so to speak, just different sizes.
The one on the black granite is just as it came out after casting.
16475547492_4574039f44_z.jpg

Sorry, should have been more specific and also should have posted a shot I have of the normal and cold cast, but the sculptures I posted before are normal 'hot' cast bronze...

here's a cold cast bronze (large statue of Afroditi I got from a friend long ago) next to an actual 'hot' cast.
16870851238_b31a8c3065_z.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back