Cardboard Mjolnir (Thor's hammer)

synkd

so I've seen some mjolnirs around the RPF and they've been pretty amazing. but I have yet to see a cardboard one.. (since quite some people have been using this method now, myself included) i made one previously using yellow folders (i know REALLY bad choice) to see the outcome. seeng it.. i thought i'd take a crack at it with cardboard :D what i still need is the handle and the thing on top though.. 100_9194.JPG100_9226.JPG100_9227.JPG100_9228.JPG100_9229.JPG100_9231.JPG100_9232.JPG100_9234.JPG100_9235.JPG100_9236.JPG

Last edited:
im so jelous of everyone who just gets a bit of card and makes something amazing.

i just end up with glue all over my face and hair and mouth and eyes. like a 3 year old.
that's how i ended up in the first tries :p but since then I've tried to get a better hang of it and clean up the messes i made. :p

Wow, fantastic this cardboard hammer mjolnir!(y))
Building my mark 7 armor i have discovered how cardboard is versatile, a simple and free material that worked well gives excellent results:D

Wow, fantastic this cardboard hammer mjolnir!(y))
Building my mark 7 armor i have discovered how cardboard is versatile, a simple and free material that worked well gives excellent results:D

Thanks! :D i've built a mark 7 helmet out of cardboard also but its been a real pain :p

awesome man! i actually built my mjolnir out of cardboard too, but i cheated a bit and got the big thick stuff from where i work
IMG_0367.JPGIMG_0368.JPGIMG_0369.JPGIMG_0518.JPG
I faced the outside of it with the chipboard backs of sketch books, then gessoed it

Thanks! :D i've built a mark 7 helmet out of cardboard also but its been a real pain :p

Lol! :lol
Effectively cardboard has a problem that should not be underestimated... the veins. For curved surfaces for example, need to try how to choose the inclination of these veins in function of the curvature, otherwise the result will be bad :wacko

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back