Cardboard Captain America shield

Gam3r

I was planning to try out this build, a cardboard Captain America Shield.

http://dali-lomo.blogspot.no/2014/03/captain-americas-shield-diy-cardboard.html

The guy in the video does not use resin or fiberglass to strengthen the cardboard, but I want to do that.

This will be my first build of anything, so I was wondering.. :

1: Should I put all pieces together BEFORE I apply the resin, or do I put resin on one piece at the time (will resin make the cardboard expand?)
2: Do I have to do anything else to the cardboard before I put on the resin?
3: Do I have to sand Down he resin after it dries, or will it be a smooth layer?

And do you have any other tips for me?

Thanks for all your help, will post pictures when I get started..

1.I think you should put all pieces before applying so that it would probably fit better.
2.I have seen people apply fiberglass to paper so I think it should work finely on cardboard.
3.Probably depends on how well you do it

Tip:If this is your first time, look up on many tutorials on the internet so you would get a better understanding on what you want to do

Good luck on this build.:thumbsup

I have watched countless videos on pepakura and all sorts of stuff, so I know a bit :) Just wanted to make sure so I didn't do anything wrong :) Buying the material tomorrow, so we'll see when I get to start :) Thanks for answering..

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back