Captain Jack Sparrow - I've got a jar of dirt! I've got a jar of dirt!

Capn_Jack_Savvy

Sr Member
I purchased these from the same antique store in which the REAL jar of dirt and varying props were purchased. I plan on making a nice metal hinge and lid for the small sized jar. The others will be used for varying props such as those seen in Tia Dalma's shack. Does a jar of eyeballs sound familiar?!

01MediumJarofdirt.jpg

02-1SmallJarOfDirt-1.jpg

02Sidebyside.jpg

03Jarsofdirt.jpg

04Rumbottle.jpg

05Allinthejarfamily.jpg

Ha! Very cool!
My son made this prop using a large pickle jar...he meticulously dried the dirt so it wouldnt clump. :)

Oi mate, you've got yourself a jar of dirt! :love

What store did you get the jug from?

Oh....And......does it help? :p ;) :lol

I think you need to bead blast the glass to "frost" it. All the lids were hand made then aged. Im not 100% on this but I believe the dirt was from Fiji. It was down to powder fine and up to small pebbles. I suspect we have mutual friends since you found out where they were made.
Here is a little help, the hero jar.
vrcaae.jpg

We shall see but I may be getting real Davy Jones Locker dirt from the actual location in which that was filmed!

Ironic! Locker dirt in a Jar Of Dirt!:lol

First picture is from the Disney Galleria above the ride in Disneyland and the second is a screen grab from the movie. You can already see the difference between the two props. First is frosted whereas the second one JD is holding is very clear!

Img2006-07-19-143111.jpg

Jarodirt.jpg

The vast majority of the Disney gallery props were made just for the gallery and film promotions. The jars of dirt were one of those items.

Capn_Jack_Savvy,

Can you capacitate our finding and/or locating in our discovering, a detecting of a way to determine the location?

Steve

We shall see but I may be getting real Davy Jones Locker dirt from the actual location in which that was filmed!

Ironic! Locker dirt in a Jar Of Dirt!:lol

Oh!? My dirt WAS supposed to be coming form the salt flats of UTAH but that person has disappeared from KTTC.com! So I will have to stick with Long Beach dirt from my backyard!:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry

I think you need to bead blast the glass to "frost" it. All the lids were hand made then aged. Im not 100% on this but I believe the dirt was from Fiji. It was down to powder fine and up to small pebbles. I suspect we have mutual friends since you found out where they were made.
Here is a little help, the hero jar.
vrcaae.jpg

Is that a bright, shiny pop rivet holding the hinge to the neck strap?

Back