Captain America TFA shield and ..

Deacon

..costume forthcoming.

Ever since CA TFA came out, I have wanted this shield. Working with the fine folks here on RPF, Ive been able to get my shield and parts of the costume to eventually put on the SUIT. Between work and boot camp, Im trying to lose wieght and be in better shape. No I will not be ready this year, but by next year I will have it done to my perfection.

Okay, 1st things 1st. The SHIELD. Its aluminum, weighs about 7-8 pounds and its almost done. I used Dupli coat anodized paint and she came out great. Bad news tho, had to strip the center ring and the center x 2. They are done and I have my STAR done as well, just need to JB weld it and then spray on the lacquer coat for protection.

8706-1st-attempt-painting-anodized-paint.jpg

8707-013.jpg

8708-016.jpg

I have the chest STAR and two shoulder stars that still need to be painted and I have the helmet coming in hopefully within the week. Stay tuned.

Thanks Venjix, it isnt perfect but she is mine finally. Now to build a bracket/brace. I was thinking of using something similar to the buckels Valor made but have the buckles removeable for a handle attatchment. That way I could have the best of both worlds.

..costume forthcoming.

Ever since CA TFA came out, I have wanted this shield. Working with the fine folks here on RPF, Ive been able to get my shield and parts of the costume to eventually put on the SUIT. Between work and boot camp, Im trying to lose wieght and be in better shape. No I will not be ready this year, but by next year I will have it done to my perfection.

Sounds pretty much like me. I am doing a Cap costume for next year... which will give me enough time to lose some weight, so I can resemble Captain America and not the Skipper (from Gilligan's Island) I am not doing the TFA costume... most likely a hybrid Ultimate and 616 or USO cap (with a better cowl with ears)

I was wondering how you made the suit stars! What are they made out of? (would you commish?)

jonsheild1.jpgjonsheild.jpg Started in the OR two years ago and got sidetracked from finishing my shield. Finally got it done. Thank you Valor and TheCap. Could not have done it without your help and inspiration.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back