Captain America Suit: Avengers 2 - Reverence and building thread

I sculpted Cap's Avengers"A" for his shoulder today. Sorry I can't attach pics from my tablet, check out the pic on my FB, Luciano Uccedo. You shouldn't need to friend me:)

I can't tell what layer is on the bottom, to be perfectly honest. Looks even better from up close though. 1000D Cordura, anyone? That's my theory, sticking to my guns.

Probably. All the samples I got that were less than 1000 were very lightweight and flimsy.

It looks just like the fabric used for the Stealth suit from TWS

Nice find there, hard to believe it's made to look exactly like that, but there you go. What kind of fabric do you think they dyed? I'm interested in being able to lift my arms above my head, you know? Saw a guy do the herringbone on the blue TFA suit, and it was beautiful. Maybe I'll figure out the same

Hey, FYI...the stuff looks great here. Wanted to let you know...if you can swing it... Shane Mahan and Lindsay MacGowan of Legacy Effects is going to be at Shatterdome Con next month in the Northern Virginia area. It's posted in the conventions thread. Keep up the great work! I definitely want one of these costumes.

I ordered some Cordura samples from rockywoods in 500D and 1000D, more importantly are the colors; they look fairly close

10593135_10154786631850553_7040884524507577894_n.jpg

I already had most of the pictures here, and I am already building the suit, but the brackets on both the forearm and the back of the hand elude me. I have no clue as to what they are and what they truly look like. I seem to remember someone here knows such brackets, and it would be truly helpful to have this information on this thread.

Editing to subscribe to the thread :)

Nice thread you have here.

So this is kind of embarrassing. I have been trying to find a definitive thread on this suit on the RPF for a while now, with no luck. This thing sure was hidden. I finally found it after searching for a definitive thread on the stealth suit for Winter Soldier while trying to start my own definitive thread for this suit. Anyway, I found it now and this looks like a great resource for anyone working on an AOU suit.

Looking closely at the fabric for the AOU costume in this picture, I noticed that the pattern in the fabric looks more like a twill or something with a similar pattern.

Avengers - Age of Ultron - Captain America new suit 5.JPG

You can see what I'm talking about especially where the light hits it near the top on the shoulder pad and collar.

After talking with someone who knows both tactical and motorcycle fabrics, they agreed that it is most likely something like a nylon stretch twill. Possibly something with a small herringbone pattern in it? I wanted to get your guys' opinions on this.

Attachments

• images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 102
Pulled some new pics from today's new AOU trailer...

Captain America Age of Ultron trailer 2.jpgCaptain America Age of Ultron trailer 2 Helmet.jpgCap .jpg

They' aren't the most helpful pics ever, but still.

Also, based on the Hot Toys pics posted by Third3ye (great pics BTW), can we now say that the shield attaches to the knuckles and elbow without any handles?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back