"Captain America, how exciting!" TWS TFA Rescue USO and Ultimates WW2

Re: "Captain America, how exciting!" Ultimate, Rescue and starting TFA Hero

Thanks, rugged and real are two very important aspects. ;)

Had a question about the stars for the Rescue Shield.

They are are 4 inches and 2.5 inches high peak to trough, measured on the center line.

They were drawn on a computer, printed on UNV-80109 Universal Laser Printer Labels, and then cut out.

The layout was easy since I had made a 1:1 scale drawing.

Thanks for that, I got them done and painted. I'll make a thread about it tomorrow.

Found this.

CloneWeb • Afficher le sujet - Captain America : The Winter Soldier (2014)

Welcome to the Madhouse! - Captain America's new costume
Color.jpg

Here is my thoughts on the "concept" for Winter Soldier.
Picked this one since the thigh armor is integrated into the pants and like the helmet better.

I hope the gloves and boots are more of a reddish, brown, leather-ish color and not the bright red. Al-la TFA.
The gloves, most likely be a nomex style with reinforced knuckles and finger tops.
The wrist pads appear to have elastic bands and side release buckles.
Boots, Safe bet for Oakleys. But first thought was Matterhorns.
Believe the integrated knee pads, shoulder pads and chest armour will be a darker color than the fabric. This would be following on the two blues from the Avengers.
Went green on the chin strap since I already have one that is very similar.

Total guess so light your torches and cast the stones.
Translation: Please share your thoughts.

Thoughts on the strap? Go for it. Either that, or purchase a same width strap and copy it with a sewing machine. Probably wouldn't take more than a couple hours to get to be the right size. That said, if you already have something that would work, I think that green matching that color would look just fine.

Re: "Captain America, how exciting!" Now with Winter Soldier Concept Art

Thanks. I have a really good feeling based on the sketch where they are going with the uniform.
That in mind, here are some of the textures and shapes we may need to emulate.

ACS.jpg

KneeandElbowPads.jpg

Gloves.jpg

HockeyGloves.jpg

HockeyShoulderPads.jpg

Based on the drawing, the boots are Bellevilles. The photo below are 390s. We'll have to wait for a production photo to see how much leather or canvas are on the sides and if they are suede.

Belleville390.jpg

The big mystery is the fabric for the pants. Will they be based on 'Rip Stop' or something that is special to the movie.

I don't know where those websites got their information but as far as I know that is not the new Captain America suit. That is the new captain america suit for the Marvel NOW series of comic books. You can see it in color on one of the variant covers of Uncanny Avengers #1 which I have.

It is still an awesome looking cap costume and I too am planning on making it soon, I just need to wait for more issues of the comic to see what the back looks like.

So I am going to roll the dice and hope that the WS Cap will be something similar to the comic art from the Uncanny Avengers.
I think it makes sense since the SHIELD "Troopers" had a similar look in the Avengers and Steve Rogers would have some input in the redesign of the uniform as he did in TFA so I believe it will again be more tactical.

Based on that assumption, roughed out the new helmet.
It fells very familiar and I like the integrated/solid ear protection.

Last edited:

Yeah, did a quick Google translate on that and it said it was from the comics... Still looks cool to see though!

Man, this is one of the very few times I regret that I have a Mac: No pepakura :(

It's a cool look, but I doubt they'll go with something identical to the comic. However, I agree that it will most likely be a more tactical uniform since he's likely to be a solo superhero for the film.

It was announced yesterday that The Falcon was cast for the film (a partner for Capt. America). Nick Fury and The Black Widow are also on tap to make appearances. Crossbones is to be the main villain.

I had to look up the Falcon...., telepathic birdman???, and well :thumbsdown.
I know this is counter intuitive talking about a comic movie but I don't want all kinds of "supers" or dimensional stuff in Captain America.
Rather liked the lack of that in Iron Man 1 and 2, please Marvel keep things some what grounded and leave the overboard stuff for the Avengers.

The Falcon announcement was a long time ago... But that is more for this thread

You're right... the "news" was the Crossbones character.

I only brought it up because Vox specualted that Cap would be a solo superhero in this movie.

Sorry for getting off topic guys!

I picked up those same pair of Bellevilles (well, identical, not the same) for my Cap costume. I dyed them red w/Fiebings leather dye and mink oil. It was nice because those patches on the boots came out darker than the standard red on the leather itself. So it helped mimic the look of Cap's boots better w/the vibrant red w/patches of oxblood red. I wanted to create the padded look of his calves on the boots, but never got around to making padding.

My plan was to cut down some foam to a more rounder shape, cover them in a red pleather or vinyl, and line the edges w/red piping or edge protector. Never got that far. So the same Bellevilles just sit, red. My point was that they make great Cap boots.

I just looked through the whole thread and it was like I couldn't stop, I wanted more Cap Am with every page.

Your pics in the Rescue outfit next to the Profiles in History screen used outfit...blew...my...mind! There was VERY little difference between the two and I have to give you HUGE kudos on that. uhhhhhh-MAZING! haha

Can't wait to see what you get going next...everything is top notch!

I picked up those same pair of Bellevilles (well, identical, not the same) for my Cap costume. I dyed them red w/Fiebings leather dye and mink oil.

Dozer, nice to know the boots will take dye. What type # do you have? Are they all leather or canvas? If canvas, Then the issue is are they the ground boots (mine):thumbsdown or the flight rated version (what I should of had). The flight rated would be more chemical (dye) resistant.

I just looked through the whole thread and it was like I couldn't stop, I wanted more Cap Am with every page.

Your pics in the Rescue outfit next to the Profiles in History screen used outfit...blew...my...mind!

Bandit-Jedi, you make a great Tron. Is that a UD suit?
Thanks for your kind words but I have to say that wasn't me at the Profiles in History. If it was.... I'd have left with the cycle.

Hope I can keep up the good work.

After some thought, the abs may have Avengers' style color pattern on the abs.

Color2.jpg

I am out of resin and low on fiberglass so there hasn't been much movement on the helmet.

So this isn't just a shameless bump and a pointless update..... Here is the cost breakdown and items for the round steel shield.

Better local shopping may reduce the cost but other than some minor hardware, ordered everything from Amazon.

The cost of the round shield is about $216.47 in materials. Individual prices listed below are total, not each, if multiples were required.

(2x) Flexible Flyer Steel Shield $56.26
Aluminum Bar 6061-T6 $23.76
(2x) Men's Leather Belt 1.2 Inch size 44 $25.94
1 inch Heavy Rectangle D rings (set of 25) $14.80
(2x) Nickel Chicago Screws (set of 10) $13.78
Ancor Clamp 401251 (set of 6) $ 7.56
JB Weld $ 5.68
(2x) 3m Body Molding Tape $14.44
(2x) Aircraft Paint Remover $17.92
Duplicolor Metalcast (red, silver, and blue) $29.34
Duplicolor Clearcoat $ 6.99
Plus some associated stainless steel and nylon hardware, nuts, castle nuts, screws ???

Edit: Sorry, forgot to include the tacks on the inner mounting ring for rivets. They were a local purchase....so ???? since I have leftover Aluminum bar, D rings and 2 Ancor clamps the total is about right.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back