Interest Cap shield replica

I wasn't bashing anyone. Yes I am considering purchasing one and have been following this thread closely. Yes I am glad we have a capable machinist willing to take the project on but the my point all along was if you are going to make an accurate replica than make an accurate replica. That's not weird, quirky, crazy or whatever you call it. I have several shields already that are close and would like a really nice accurate one finally. It's by no means weird or crazy to want a really nice and accurate replica, that's exactly what this board was founded on. And like I said in my previous post, I meant no disrespect just saying hey let's try to make this as nice as possible.

Ok here are some pics I took, let me know if you need anything different.

The first pic is with the measuring tape straight across the back, the other ones I laid the tape flat across the curve.

Hope this helps!

IMG_2188.jpg
IMG_2190.jpg
IMG_2191.jpg
IMG_2192.jpg
IMG_2193.jpg

Finished the CAD Models- Going to post the up on the website for the Deposit once that completes 8 weeks after that then will invite the backers to dropbox folder where we will put alot more pictures and updates this thread once in awhile.

We will show see how many are truly interested with money is involved then- this was just a side project until now

Finished the CAD Models- Going to post the up on the website for the Deposit once that completes 8 weeks after that then will invite the backers to dropbox folder where we will put alot more pictures and updates this thread once in awhile.

We will show see how many are truly interested with money is involved then- this was just a side project until now

Your not going to post pics here on the sales thread?

You're going to want to post the 3D models here in detail to make sure everyone agrees with how it looks before you do any machining. The community here is very anal about accuracy, me included, and will make sure you are producing the most accurate shield to date. The critiques you receive here from the members are invaluable for this project! :cool: (y)
All it takes is one detail to be off to scare off a bunch of customers...

If you guys are cool with a shield like this, but with the star CNC'd into the shield, then it's definitely doable!
This shield is SOLID METAL all the way through, and 25" wide by 3" high!!!
It is a 1/4" Aluminum Shield, with an 1/8" Bracket attached to the back, making it 3/8" at the edge.
"House of Color" Tinted Clear Coat paint in Candy Apple Red and Cobalt Blue, showing the brushed Aluminum through the paint.
Leather Handles are made from high-quality "Tandy Leather" Kodiak Oil-Tanned Leather, and stitched together by a professional Saddle & Boot maker here in Fort Worth, Texas.
The handles are also padded at the grip, like they should be! ;)(y)

Hi, all. New to the site, but after researching the availability of the most accurate cap shield prop as possible, found this forum and this thread.

If the final output of this project is at least to the quality and details as RelicMaker's, count me in for at least one.

Thanks!

Havent seen chiefmachining on the site since his last post...... IN FEBRUARY!.. (not how a run is supposed to go)

This is not the attitude, not communication I am comfortable with unfortunately. I'm out.

His last post mentioned this was a side project for him and then Corona hit and the entire world went nuts. I'd give him a break, especially since no one has put a deposit down. Everything is still working on being finalized with the CAD drawing. I haven't checked my PMs lately and see he did message me about measuring the brackets on the back of my shield for him to get some real-world specs.

It's your choice to be in or not on this project, but this may be one of the best versions of this shield ever made and will clearly be a limited run. The more people that jump ship, the harder and higher this project will become for everyone who has held on this long. chiefmachining isn't a collector (that I know of) he's simply trying to help us out and joined this board specifically for this project.

Making high-end relics like this is no easy game and the project was already revived when RelicMaker 's machine shop wasn't able to materialize this project for him. He searched and unfortunately wasn't able to find a shop to take it on. I came along and found this thread and tried to help revive it & I dug around some contacts I had and found a competent and willing machine shop to help us out on this project. Sadly I can't even afford to be a part of this project right now, I'm just trying to help out.

In fact those recent pics are of my Chris Fields shield that I just picked up a few months ago from a collector on here. I was happy and lucky to be able to get my hands on it - it's one of the only American made Captain America shields available! (Besides RelicMaker's and this new, potential project)

As this project was originally RelicMaker's and he's still overseeing everything, I wouldn't advise creating a new thread. Especially since everyone who is potentially interested shield has been following this thread for a very long time.

I'm going to measure the brackets that he requested and see if chiefmachining can hop in here and give everyone an update.

Last edited:
I'm actually most interested in TFA shield like what RelicaMaker did HOWEVER I'm also very interested in a faithful prototype shield from TFA... no star, bare spun aluminum but with the screen accurate grips as well (and if we can get the 4 bullet hits that Agent Carter lays into it, even better :D)

Lets get more folks so we can make this happen!

Attachments

• bulletMarks.PNG
    bulletMarks.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 111
  • shieldBackRef02.PNG
    shieldBackRef02.PNG
    695.9 KB · Views: 123
I'm actually most interested in TFA shield like what RelicaMaker did HOWEVER I'm also very interested in a faithful prototype shield from TFA... no star, bare spun aluminum but with the screen accurate grips as well (and if we can get the 4 bullet hits that Agent Carter lays into it, even better :D)

Lets get more folks so we can make this happen!

These have been replicated...
Most people who do accurate brackets can make this shield quite easily. You should be able to wind it no problem

It’s the machined star that has not been produced

These have been replicated...
Most people who do accurate brackets can make this shield quite easily. You should be able to wind it no problem

It’s the machined star that has not been produced

thanks for the tip!

were there any threads here regarding folks who produced these?

i dont remember seeing any.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back