Candyman bust from sculpt to finished display

frosty

Sr Member
This is an old commission of mine a candy man bust, here's the sculpt pics
DwVtoqGl.jpg

SvmGQr5l.jpg

Once the sculpt was done I then added a clay wall to the middle of the bust to separate the front and back halfs of the mould
fHypxwol.jpg

first beauty coat of plaster
eOVHR3Yl.jpg

once the first half of the mould was done, I then removed the clay wall and started on the back side

BN2KD0pl.jpg

Once this had done and I had built up sufficient thickness, I popped the mould apart, cleaned out the clay, and mixed a base coat of latex, and brushed it into the mould
AA5I8G5l.jpg

once this was built up with a few layers front and back half, I clamped the mould together and used a two part expanding soft foam to fill the cavity, I popped the front of the mould of and was greeted with the polyfoam head
a3I5koOl.jpg

I then based the head in a skin tone after clearing up the mould seam, and added various colours to build a realistic tone up, once this was done I made individual bees and started adding them
CzxG1QEl.jpg

Vs0Z2pRl.jpg

Then I was forced to stop due to illness, and the bust was completed by David Lady and his wife, they did a great job, repainting what was there as the buyer wanted a darker tone
ZGW96Dxl.jpg

the finished bust was then finished by the buyer with clothes and coat and added hook, I think it turned out great
qHc0yYVl.jpg

KzSeroOl.jpg

I grew up on all the usuals, but Candyman was the scariest by far to me. On a side note, you haven’t seen any work done on Blake from John Carpenter’s The Fog? Another creepy character, mainly because you never really see him and only hear his voice once in the film!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back