Can you Identify this prop?

3cell

Just received this with 3 other props, 2 phasers and 1 communicator.
1 phaser and communicator were from star trek the original tv series and the
other phaser from the next generation tv series. Person I received these from said this was from the original series but I can't find it in either the original or the next generation series. From another show maybe. It is solid, static and whoever made it did a really nice job. So anyone any idea where this was used or possibly who made this?
IMG_3620.jpg
[/IMG]

I've seen this prop. On Star Trek.
The tip lights up when the 'tool' is in use.

I'm sorry but it would take hours to search for a scene. Try to find a Starfleet engineer working on repairs or modifications to their ship.

other phaser from the next generation tv series. Person I received these from said this was from the original series but I can't find it in either the original or the next generation series. From another show maybe. It is solid, static and whoever made it did a really nice job. So anyone any idea where this was used or possibly who made this?
IMG_3620.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks everyone. Closest that I can find is the quantum flux regulator from DS9 I'm hoping it was developed from the design I have maybe from another series or episode.

Looks like a tool I used to put Lore together in the first season TNG episode "Datalore."
From the scene in the sickbay with then Chief Engineer Argyle.

Jordie also uses it to check out a bridge console in the TNG episode where they run into the Enterprise C. Just saw it a couple of hours ago.

Can't remember the exact episode but I think it's in the teens of Season 3.

Jordie also uses it to check out a bridge console in the TNG episode where they run into the Enterprise C. Just saw it a couple of hours ago.

Can't remember the exact episode but I think it's in the teens of Season 3.

Season 3 episode 15 "yesterdays enterprise" Time 8:01

I think you're a little off with this, Geordi's engineering tool had a tapered cone with the sequencing lights inside and the handle end was flat not curved. It also used a slide swith and not a push button as in the prop you have here 3cell.

It looks like someone has tried to make a replica, there's a guy on ebay "digigradeproductions" he seems to produce replicas like these which aren't quite screen accurate, but I believe he uses the phrase "star trek inspired" in his auction description titles.

It's still a nice clean looking piece, you could use it for isolinear circuit alignment or something. :)

I think you're a little off with this, Geordi's engineering tool had a tapered cone with the sequencing lights inside and the handle end was flat not curved. It also used a slide swith and not a push button as in the prop you have here 3cell.

It looks like someone has tried to make a replica, there's a guy on ebay "digigradeproductions" he seems to produce replicas like these which aren't quite screen accurate, but I believe he uses the phrase "star trek inspired" in his auction description titles.

It's still a nice clean looking piece, you could use it for isolinear circuit alignment or something. :)

Thanks, I'll contact him, if its not his then maybe he will have an idea who's it might be.

It could be also a dermal regenerator from the episode of the parasitic out-of phase beings attached to the crew mates. Crusher used it to heal the bruised forehead of Riker.

Isn’t this the same prop used by Sulu to blow up the jails console in Star Trek III?

The initial prop looks more like something from Voyager or Enterprise.

-John

Thanks but the prop used by sulu has a different handle.

I'll have to give Voyager & Enterprise a look.

IMG_3620.jpg
[/IMG]

Anyone know if Max Cervantes is a member here? I saw a prop on one of his display tables in a photo that looks like this and thought he might know the origins of this piece.

Thanks but the prop used by sulu has a different handle.

Side note: Does anyone know what the prop Sulu used in STIII was? I've wondered for years what exactly that was. The novelization mentions a 'confusor' but doesn't go into any details.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back