Can you Identify this prop?

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by 3cell, Oct 25, 2011.

1. 3cell

3cell Member

Just received this with 3 other props, 2 phasers and 1 communicator.
    1 phaser and communicator were from star trek the original tv series and the
    other phaser from the next generation tv series. Person I received these from said this was from the original series but I can't find it in either the original or the next generation series. From another show maybe. It is solid, static and whoever made it did a really nice job. So anyone any idea where this was used or possibly who made this? [​IMG][/IMG]

2. Bronson BB

Bronson BB Well-Known Member

I've seen this prop. On Star Trek.
    The tip lights up when the 'tool' is in use.

I'm sorry but it would take hours to search for a scene. Try to find a Starfleet engineer working on repairs or modifications to their ship.

3. StarTrek101

StarTrek101 Member

I'm pretty sure they call it a sequencer. It has chaser lights from the bottom to top.

4. 3cell

3cell Member

Thanks everyone. Closest that I can find is the quantum flux regulator from DS9 I'm hoping it was developed from the design I have maybe from another series or episode.

5. Clutch

Clutch Master Member

6. Vaderman

Vaderman Sr Member

Looks like a tool I used to put Lore together in the first season TNG episode "Datalore."
    From the scene in the sickbay with then Chief Engineer Argyle.

7. micdavis

micdavis Master Member

Oh what do you know, you act like you were there or something. :confused

8. jnjoker100

jnjoker100 Active Member

Screen cap from said episode

Hope these help

In the episode the lights strobe from base to tip rapidly in a blinking fashion.

9. Sigma-LS

Sigma-LS Sr Member

Jordie also uses it to check out a bridge console in the TNG episode where they run into the Enterprise C. Just saw it a couple of hours ago.

Can't remember the exact episode but I think it's in the teens of Season 3.

10. jnjoker100

jnjoker100 Active Member

Season 3 episode 15 "yesterdays enterprise" Time 8:01

11. renaissance_man

renaissance_man Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I think you're a little off with this, Geordi's engineering tool had a tapered cone with the sequencing lights inside and the handle end was flat not curved. It also used a slide swith and not a push button as in the prop you have here 3cell.

It looks like someone has tried to make a replica, there's a guy on ebay "digigradeproductions" he seems to produce replicas like these which aren't quite screen accurate, but I believe he uses the phrase "star trek inspired" in his auction description titles.

It's still a nice clean looking piece, you could use it for isolinear circuit alignment or something. :)

12. 3cell

3cell Member

Thanks, thats the closest that I've have seen yet.

13. 3cell

3cell Member

Thanks, I'll contact him, if its not his then maybe he will have an idea who's it might be.

14. Larry Young

Larry Young Master Member

likelikelikelike

15. YenChih Lin

YenChih Lin Sr Member

It could be also a dermal regenerator from the episode of the parasitic out-of phase beings attached to the crew mates. Crusher used it to heal the bruised forehead of Riker.

16. thegreatgalling

thegreatgalling Sr Member

I have a whole collection of replica tools and can't get enough of them. This piece is beautiful, wherever its from.

17. Johnny Fever

Johnny Fever Well-Known Member

Isn’t this the same prop used by Sulu to blow up the jails console in Star Trek III?

The initial prop looks more like something from Voyager or Enterprise.

-John

18. 3cell

3cell Member

Thanks but the prop used by sulu has a different handle.

I'll have to give Voyager & Enterprise a look.

19. 3cell

3cell Member

Anyone know if Max Cervantes is a member here? I saw a prop on one of his display tables in a photo that looks like this and thought he might know the origins of this piece.

20. akbar56

akbar56 New Member

Side note: Does anyone know what the prop Sulu used in STIII was? I've wondered for years what exactly that was. The novelization mentions a 'confusor' but doesn't go into any details.

21. Cygnostik

Cygnostik Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I was just thinking about that very similar looking prop. Still don't have any tools... :-(