Can anyone help me?

Quicksilver

I'm hoping someone here can help me come up with the names of a couple movies. I'm in my 40's and can remember some scenes from some movies that I saw while in my single digits. The best I can do is describe some scenes, I don't even know the actors. Keep in mind that these scenes come from Horror movies that were produced somewhere between 1950 and 1985 (rough guess). #1- Travelers pull into rundown ?museum?/?motel? after getting lost on their journey. There are 4 or 5 travelers and slowly each is killed and turned into a maniquine, all but one that is (a female). While one of the females is being killed/turned into a maniquine, the killer tells her (while applying plaster to her face) that her heart will burst from fear before she dies of asphixiation. #2- This movie was made for tv I suppose. Near the end a man is stairing up at a portrait when the walls of the house begin to breathe in and out. Is there anyone here reminded of these movies?

Reading the Wikipedia descriptions for both House of Wax and Tourist Trap, the first one definitely sounds like Tourist Trap.

Trying to use google- and wiki-fu to try to ID the second one, no luck yet.

The comment about the house "breathing" made me think about a similar film with Andy McDowell...is there a scene in there when one of the character opens a door and while talking to someone else, the door slowly closes. The first man then says to the other "no door in this house can remain open":eek

I think I may have found #2!

This House Possessed was a TV movie that apparently came out in 1981. There's a copy of it on YT, and at 1:30/1:35, a woman is looking up at the framed brick wall over the mantle, when it starts pulsing in and out like it's breathing (accompanied by sound effects).

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back