Camberwick Green and Trumpton

I think I just made a paper template around the wooden mannequin that I used and just did two identical ones for the top and two for the trousers. The trouser ones are just sewn together, one of the top pieces is cut in half vertically and then each half is sewn to the complete back piece to make the jacket. I glued things like lapels and cuffs on with superglue as I was using felt, which glues easily but can get hot with superglue!

okie dokie!! of course i'm using a wire armature rather than a mannequin so constructing the clothes around it might be a bit more difficult, but I think I should be just fine! here's where the head is currently at btw, still need to finish the hat
IMG_20230821_222424990.jpg

Fire brigade are still under construction but in the meantime, I've made Doctor Mopp. His car in the series was a toy that I've got.View attachment 1062188
View attachment 1062189
View attachment 1062190
View attachment 1062191
View attachment 1062192
For many years I had that car, it took two HP7 batteries and came with a molded gentleman with a ginger tash Monica and top hat, it leaked dead battery acid one summer as toys tended too back then and smelt awful and was chucked away..

at long last i’ve finally stopped procrastinating and made an armature for the doc
C9C2E53E-D083-4E1B-8066-2BAC76114587.jpeg
14C4F52D-2623-4295-8CD1-7B9DD11B6E4B.jpeg

it’s really janky at the moment, i plan to sculpt some blue tack around the bits where his limbs meet his body so that it’s a bit less wobbly, and then i’ll wrap it in foam to bulk it up a little.
i promise i’ll finish his hat eventually!!

at long last i’ve finally stopped procrastinating and made an armature for the doc
View attachment 1781333View attachment 1781334
it’s really janky at the moment, i plan to sculpt some blue tack around the bits where his limbs meet his body so that it’s a bit less wobbly, and then i’ll wrap it in foam to bulk it up a little.
i promise i’ll finish his hat eventually!!
So we can expect the big reveal by Thursday yes!..
I can visualise that hat already..

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back