Calling all BSG Viper Pilot uniform Fans !

Got Maul

Official Licensee
Alright kids, a LOT of lurkers here from other forums and if anyone has been watching and reading the ASAP forums will know that Sommers (the source of the BSG new series' viper pilot material) requires a bulk order at least three hundred yards ( @ 31 dollars/yd ) to make an order. On the ASAP, select members have used the BSG costume card fabric to directly match the sommers fabric and have come to an exact match. Sommers has since run out and as stated earlier will not budge unless their minimal order is met (to ship it in overseas)

http://p082.ezboard.com/fpropreplicasfrm92...start=1&stop=50

Swatch.jpg

I just want to see where we are at and make a barter attempt (hey, I am in business, its what I do and I deal with wholesalers all the time)

I for one would be good for ten yards. I four other people who would do at least five yards each = 30 yards from my group.

1 yard = $31

Only 260 to go :)

what sayeth from all ?

The ONLY THING I ASK : IF YOU POST HERE, DO NOT POST IN THE ASAP. I need an accurate count.

dammit i totally forgot about the BSG flight suit, as i've been wrapped up in Trek stuff....

i'll have to go check out that thread....

NWJEDI
dave

You may want to put "New series" in your title so as not to get any more old timers like me here. ;)

While I love the new series, I am not impressed by any of the Costumes or props in it.

Good luck in your quest I am sure you will succed. :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Got Maul @ May 5 2006, 12:30 PM) [snapback]1238825[/snapback]</div>
Alright kids, a LOT of lurkers here from other forums and if anyone has been watching and reading the ASAP forums will know that Sommers (the source of the BSG new series' viper pilot material) requires a bulk order at least three hundred yards ( @ 31 dollars/yd ) to make an order. On the ASAP, select members have used the BSG costume card fabric to directly match the sommers fabric and have come to an exact match. Sommers has since run out and as stated earlier will not budge unless their minimal order is met (to ship it in overseas)[/b]

the last price i was quoted on making a suit was right around $1000.00 i believe... the message with that info has been auto deleted by the message board, but would *I* would want to know is if i purchase X amount of fabric, will that bring my costs on the tailored suit down?

i guess i could ask the talor/seamstress, so it looks as if i'm just thinking out loud .. LOL

NWJEDI
dave

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back