Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 --- How is it??

Re: MW3

I don't see how any company can ask 60.00 for a game anymore. Heck the new halo was only 40.00 (and i get a 10.00 preorder credit for another purchase). As for the original developers leaving it's going to be the downfall of Halo 4 too. I know the company making it is ex bungie employees but it still probably won't be that good.

For all you MP guys. I stumbled upon a hidden kill streak last night playing HQ. If you get 25 kills in a row it unlocks the m.o.a.b killstreak. Its kinda like MW 2 with the nuke.

When you hit the 25th kill in a row it sets off an EMP that on the other team, it also kills everyone on the other team,...BUT........instead of the game ending it gives double xp to your whole team for the remainder of the game.

It also unlocks the moab title and emblem as well.

I was hoping to get off BlackOps for this. I may pick it up tonight or BattleField3 or both. Name is Groone on PS3

I know the company making it is ex bungie employees but it still probably won't be that good.

In your opinion, plus it is only like three people from bungie, but they have people from several other big gaming studios...

Plus Halo 4 is looking awesome, I can't wait to see what 343i has up it's sleeve.

Back On Topic: I haven't even bothered with getting MW3, it looks like the single player, (My favorite part of the game), is a lot smaller than MW2's single player...:thumbsdown

Last edited:

There's a lot of hate for MW3 on the internet, much more than there was for MW2.

The critic reviews started off great (probably bought and paid for), but are beginning to drop.

User reviews on metacritic are dramatically low. For the 360 version, the current rating is 3.1/10 average of over 4000 reviews. The other versions are worse. Never seen such a discrepancy between critic and user reviews before this.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 for Xbox 360 Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More at Metacritic

Personally, I'm still too engrossed with Battlefield 3 (on PC) to check out MW3 yet. Really loving the classes, vehicles, and focus on teamwork. It also looks incredible on PC with graphics maxed out. The single-player campaign is forgettable, but anybody buying should be in it for the multiplayer anyway.

Besides, I haven't actually had to purchase a copy of a COD game ever. I'm sure one of my former colleagues will send me a copy...

I hate it. I don't play Multiplayer because of many poor experiences years ago, when I ran several game servers and forums. I do, however, play single player games.

I hate how Modern Warfare (all of them) is just so linear. It doesn't let you do anything other than point and click and move forward. There's no choice, there's no decision making.

All you do is follow a guy who yells at you if you don't follow him. That's it. You chase a dot.

For the love of the flying Spaghetti Monster, the Baby Jeebus, the many armed lady and the great Cthulhu and whoever else will listen, PLEASE let me choose what I do.

I'd fall down and die if they made a game which was similar in game play and style, but gave you a scenario in which the PLAYER decided how to tackle the objective. A game where you can choose which weapons to take, and where to call in air support or ground support if you needed it.

The sad thing is, they've done it in the past. Anyone ever play Hidden & Dangerous 2?

That game was.... beautiful... You could actually play it more than twice.

I'm a COD vet, I enjoyed MW2 and loves black ops but I just can't get into MW3 online. It's like regardless what game style you play, even if there are objectives, everyone just runs off ramboing and run and gunning. There is absolutely no strategy to it, just kill kill kill!!

And there are way too many kill streak perks in this game.

That's why I always stayed away from MW3's multiplayer. I don't mind a somewhat faster pace, but I prefer a far more focused, organized objective than just team deathmatch. And I've never understood the point of killstreak perks. So, the better you're doing, the more we want to give you toys and equipment that only help you further dominate? Where's the challenge in that? I'd rather have a level playing field where my skill and my skill alone are what allow me to win. I accept BF3's unlock goofiness because there's no avoiding it anymore, but I really prefer that everyone have stock weapons from which to choose, and it's how you use 'em that makes the difference, rather than "Oh, well, because you just totally pwned those n00bs, you get....this thermonuclear warhead!"

the future of the COD brand is pretty much in Treyarch's hands now. .

which is unfortunate because their games are the worst in the cod series....I found all of their games to be boring and non re playable....

MW3 was forgettable....Just like Black Ops. Every level was rushed. There is no enjoyable level that you can play over and over again.....The game became very repetitive....I got bored several times and had to turn the game off....

The characters were less enjoyable then the previous Modern Warfare games.....

I have to say, I'm a bit surprised by the negative reaction. I mean...I've played several COD games, at least in single player, and they're all pretty much the same. The "quick time" events have become more common in later games, but other than that, it's pretty much the same thing over and over and did I mention over again?

The single player has always been extremely linear and driven by "set piece" battles. The multiplayer, from what I hear, has been extremely popular but largely untouched formula-wise for a while now.

But really, what else would you expect? What kind of innovation were people looking for? I also can't help but wonder how negative the reviews would be if there was some radical innovation in the game. "ZOMG! I wanted COD, not [insert other game that was copied here]!!"

I think what this highlights is the fact that the series is basically done at this point, and done to death. Activision has been pumping these games out, what, annually? Sometimes two a year? How many times can you buy the same game with no real improvements? When people say "It's a glorified map pack," I wonder whether they thought the same of BLOPS or MW2 or MW1 or COD3 or whatever. I mean, admittedly, MW1 shifted from the WW2 scenario, and BLOPS shifted to 1960s (although, I gather, with marginal success), but these games have been single player interactive movies for years now, and the multiplayer has been pretty formulaic for years now, so...aren't they all just basically map packs? Isn't that why folks get into these games?

Admittedly, I didn't pay attention to the prerelease hype, so I don't know how much of this is disappointment at specific promised features being missing, but really...why is any of this surprising people?

Wow. I am not getting the negativity either. I rarely play multi-player and generally focus on the single player game. I have found MW3 to be extremely fast paced... much moreso than MW2. I also do find the game to be more cinematic in scope and style. Is it linear? Absolutely! Are many missions setup just so you can use a single interesting weapon or vehicle? Yes. Is it still fun to play and a good way to blow off a bit of steam! Heck yeah!

The one thing I will say is that the pace in MW3 is almost.... frantic, and because of that, there isn't much replay value for me. I liked some fo the sneaking around and sniping people missions in MW2 and MW3 just seems to be a string of massive and very chaotic firefights where you barely get through, barely even know where your target is, and just tend to pray and spray more than anything methodical or planned. I prefer the more deliberate approach of the previous game, but the pace of MW3 keeps your blood pumping from start to finish.

I agree with the single player complaints. It's OK, but it is very fast..too fast for me.

As far as the multiplayer goes, I like it. It's not perfect, but I'm enjoying some of the new games like Kill Confirmed. There are also a ton of new games that you can only play in private lobbies.

1.Infection – A mode borrowed from Halo, there will be a small team of infected and large team of uninfected. The infected have to kill the uninfected to recruit them, slowly shifting the teams over a game.
2.Drop Zone – Protect a drop zone for points and care packages while the enemy team fights for control of it. It looks to be an interesting king of the hill variant.
3.Team Juggernaut – TDM with one player being a Juggernaut for each team. These power-houses will require teamwork to overcome.
4.Juggernaut – A game mode that has been in many FPS games over the years under a lot of different names. The premise is that a player is a Juggernaut and the rest of the players are trying to kill them. If you get the kill, you are the new juggernaut.
5.Gun Game – The Black Ops wager match game with a new set of weapons.
6.One in the Chamber – The same as the Black Ops wager match of the same name.

Lastly, there are so many maps in MP (15 I think) with only a couple that I'd say are subpar. Not too shabby for any game if you ask me.

I liked the COD MW games , I got BO and played for about 2 hours when something happened with the steam account , now I cant log into it and have gotten no help from anyone at Steam , I will never buy another game from them , If I cant play it in single mode on my computer without have to register at some stupid website with no customer service , forget it , I am out $60 bucks and 2 days of pure frustration , they will never get my money again , STEAM SUCKS .:thumbsdown

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back