Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 --- How is it??

Re: MW3

I was expecting a game that worked. It's funny how at the big COD convention they said no last stand, yet there it is in the game. It's also funny how all summer we were hearing that party chat would be restored, yet yesterday I was bombared in every lobby with N word this and homophobic slur this... There is a reason I play with the same guys every night and a reason that would should be able to have a private chat during a game.

I'm not too sure which part of party chat you are having trouble with. I was in a party most of the day yesterday, but since I don't use that feature all that much perhaps there is another component of PC that I'm not aware of?

The last stand issue is indeed aggravating, but is one I can live with.

Could there be an issue with your Xbox and/or game?

It's an xbox issue. You start a party chat with all your buddies and as soon as the game loads you get a message that party chat is not allowed and you must go to game chat or otherwise it won't let you in the game. We also couldn't connect to open lobbies that our friends were in. The biggest group we could get to join was two people. Any third person that tried to join the group couldn't get in the lobby. I'm not talking the game. I'm talking the lobby.

I ****ing hate being in a team with all party chatters. That means I get to talk to myself. If that is gone in MW3 then I'm all for it.

Went straight for online play last night. Felt like I was dropped in the middle of a meat grinder. A little disorienting at first but I quickly got the hang of it.

So far I'm digging it. It's more of the same with a few changes, but what'd you expect?

I couldn't believe how many maps there are. Are there more in this game than any other or was I just loopy for having a new game to play? There were a lot of bottlenecks in the maps where I was mowing 4-5 people down at a time.

This game does move much faster then the previous games. Usually I am mowed down like crazy, but I was able to get right in there in finish middle of tha pack. I also feel like you level up much more quickly then the other games, which I like.

Chris

I always go through story before I do MP and so far I really like the game. I can tell it is going to be veeeeeery short, but it's good.

I was expecting a game that worked. It's funny how at the big COD convention they said no last stand, yet there it is in the game. It's also funny how all summer we were hearing that party chat would be restored, yet yesterday I was bombared in every lobby with N word this and homophobic slur this... There is a reason I play with the same guys every night and a reason that would should be able to have a private chat during a game.

It sounds like you have a lot more problems going on with the game then the normal user. Perhaps trade it in if you dont like it that much.

To answer a few of your questions:

private chat is still there it has never left, but it is similiar to black ops. You cannot use party chat in some game formats, and I agree with the game developers that it should be limited. The reason they make it so you have to use game chat in certain game formats (S&D, etc..) is to elliminate cheating. Before people would have a friend on the other team and tell them where the bomb carrier is or where the last man is. So im glad you cant do that anymore. You can still use party chat for HQ, Dom, TDM, etc... Plus is it really that hard to mute someone? It takes about a second.

Regarding Last Stand - actually it is gone like they said, and it has been replaced with Final Stand. Final Stand gets unlocked at lvl 39 (i just unlocked it), its a death streak. What it does, is it downs you but you get to use your primary weapon. If you survive without getting killed then after 20 sec it lets you stand back up and live. The catch is it only works on fall damage and body shots. Also it is a death streak 4 which means you must die 4 times in a row in order to use it once. If you die 4 times in a row, then yes you do need it imo.

There were six of us all having the same problem last night. S&D is the only mode you're supposed to not be able to have party chat, but we were playing Team Deathmatch and it still didn't work. It's just buggy. Yes they will patch it, but for a release day it shouldn't have this many problems.

I was thinking about getting this game, but it looks like I'll just save my money and get Halo: Anniversary and AC: Revelations next week instead.:love

This game so far sucks. Try forming a party with more than one other person. You can't. They set the default to private and didn't make a way to switch it. Spawn points still suck. They won't let you have a private group chat so you have to mute every other idiot in the lobby one by one. I've played every COD religiously but this one might be going back.

I never saw a game on amazon with so many complaints a day after it was released. 61 single stars and tons in between and only 5 all stars. My friend wants it for xmas and i'm going to make sure she is absolutely sure about it cause as one reviewer said it felt like a 60.00 map pack.

The campaign is particularly easy if your use to mw2. I ran through the campaign on Veteran first and took a total of 8hrs to finish. Multiplayer is faster paced thats for sure, but the new spec ops survival mode isn't bad. It's practically like horde mode in GoW, or zombies in Black Ops.

I liked the campaign but I felt like I went through it too quickly. I'd say it was a good end to the story.

The only thing I didn't like:

Did they really have to kill off every single ****ing awesome character? Soap, Gaz, Ghost, Yuri, Sandman, Truck, the other guy. I swear IW has a ***** for killing off the cool characters.

Also, the multiplayer is so ****ing frustrating, I wanna punch a wall. So many people just snap around and shoot me in the foot and kill me.

I like it about as much as the the other COD games. The multiplayer definitely seems much faster paced, and it's more "run & gun" oriented. There is less room for sniping in MW3 in my opinion (although I've been quickscoped by some pros). I've been playing BF3 for the last 2 weeks, and it's a nice contrast from MW3. If you want bigger maps and a more tactical style of gameplay, go for BF3. If you want to kill some time and go on a killstreak rampage, go for MW3.

My friend decided to wait until it's in the bargain bin after her friend gave a review of it. Turns out that Activision fired two of the founders of the company actually making the game and 40 more quit and went to other companies. Activision had to hire another developer to come and finish the game.

My friend decided to wait until it's in the bargain bin after her friend gave a review of it. Turns out that Activision fired two of the founders of the company actually making the game and 40 more quit and went to other companies. Activision had to hire another developer to come and finish the game.

You didn't hear about that? That was going around a while back. Basically, I think the IW team up and left, and the future of the COD brand is pretty much in Treyarch's hands now. Which would explain Scareb's spoileriffic question. The answer being
To get rid of all the old characters and start a new story with new characters.

Anyway, from the sound of it, it's basically a refined version of MW2. I was lukewarm on MW2, so I'll just stick with BF3 and maybe pick this one up if there's a sale and I'm in the mood to try co-op.

Retailers will probably have it marked down on Black Friday in a couple weeks (last year I saw Black Ops for $39 that day).

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back