C3PO Vacuformed

Dougie Fett

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Folks,

Is there anyone out there that makes a lightweight vacuformed C3PO?

I hope to make it as an accessory for an ESB Chewie so the less weight the better.

I bought this from Golden Armor a while back:

GoldenArmor_Before_1.jpg

GoldenArmor_Before_2.jpg

The inside was like this:

GoldenArmor_Before_5.jpg

GoldenArmor_Before_4.jpg

I ordered it to be wearable. Wearing something with thick fiberglass going right into your face is not what I had ordered.

Asked for a refund. He wouldn't give it but sent me two helmets. While that was most kind, they were plagued with similar workmanship:

fett_04.jpg

fett_07.jpg

fett_06.jpg

clone_trooper_1.jpg

clone_trooper_3.jpg

clone_trooper_4.jpg

clone_trooper_7.jpg

Didn't know GA was banned from the RPF. I knew his stuff wasn't of the highest quality but man those helmets are in really rough shape.

Dougie, if you're looking to do a 3PO out of fiberglass I would go with MLC's parts that 409 sells on his webstie. Great quality and there's very little work to do on them to get the parts ready to wear or display.

Didn't know GA was banned from the RPF. I knew his stuff wasn't of the highest quality but man those helmets are in really rough shape.

Dougie, if you're looking to do a 3PO out of fiberglass I would go with MLC's parts that 409 sells on his webstie. Great quality and there's very little work to do on them to get the parts ready to wear or display.

Thanks buddy, had a look and they are fantastic quality but I think fibreglass might be a little too heavy to carry around on your back.

The search continues........

Thanks buddy, had a look and they are fantastic quality but I think fibreglass might be a little too heavy to carry around on your back.

The search continues........

It's not as bad as you'd think, the parts are pretty light weight. I have a 409 3PO that I wear and it doesn't feel bad at all. Well weight wise, moving fast is another story:lol

i also own a TK409 C-3PO torso and helmet display and the quality and accuracy is outstanding.

Of course you´re right that fibreglass is heavy but i assume if you´re wearing a full C-3PO suit the weight isn´t your main problem...
i only tried to wear my torso plus helmet once and damn... that costume isn´t for claustrophobic persons!

i also own a TK409 C-3PO torso and helmet display and the quality and accuracy is outstanding.

Of course you´re right that fibreglass is heavy but i assume if you´re wearing a full C-3PO suit the weight isn´t your main problem...
i only tried to wear my torso plus helmet once and damn... that costume isn´t for claustrophobic persons!

I'm glad to hear that. I'm thinking about embarking on my own 3PO journey and going with a TK409 suit. Now my biggest stumbling block is finding just the right chromer. I've even considered buying a chroming system myself and doing it after a few outrageous estimate.

I'm glad to hear that. I'm thinking about embarking on my own 3PO journey and going with a TK409 suit. Now my biggest stumbling block is finding just the right chromer. I've even considered buying a chroming system myself and doing it after a few outrageous estimate.

Merfeldma, if you need help with finding a vac-plater shoot me a PM. Just finished my 3PO suit and I could point you in a few directions.

Here is the C3PO We made and still got the moulds for. The head is from an original that we bought from the original chromers in UK.

n529327813_400968_2790.jpg
n529327813_400971_3704.jpg

n529327813_400974_4600.jpg
n529327813_400980_6313.jpg

n529327813_400987_8592.jpg
n529327813_400986_8300.jpg

n529327813_400988_8880.jpg
n529327813_400965_1925.jpg

n529327813_400970_3367.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back