BY CROM....The New Conan Sword

I didn't care for the new design they should have tried to use designs closer to the original film swords.

The cross guard on the new Conan sword was clearly ripp... inspired by Kurgan's sword from the movie Highlander. IMHO, that's the only thing that looks good on it. I have seen some detailed pics here...

FilmSwords.com - The Swords of Conan The Barbarian 3D

... and I'm not impressed with the overall design. The pommel and the way the blade tapers the first several inches from the guard are a big turn off for me.

I don't like it. Who ever made it is not a sword maker. Guard is way too large and yes, it looks like the kurgan sword.... Jody Samson is truly missed. Hope the movie is good though.

Eh, not crazy about it myself. I like the runes carved into the Atlantean blade, though I never understood why a foot long section of the blade has a guard around it.

Eh, not crazy about it myself. I like the runes carved into the Atlantean blade, though I never understood why a foot long section of the blade has a guard around it.

That would be the ricasso:

The first unsharpened ricassos were found on Middle Bronze Age swords. In use, this allowed the swordsman to "choke up" (shorten his grip, also known as half-swording), enabling better control and manipulation of the blade and allowing the weapon to be more effective in thrusting against both armoured and unarmoured opponents.

Not too keen on the look of the new swords, they also look like weapons you might have seen on Herculese the legendary journeys or Xena series, qualety doesn't look great. Not as impressive as the Fathers sword or the Atlantean but hey, what'cha gonna do. Just hope the movie is good. "If your going to learn how to fight, learn with a real weapon. Not with a toothpick."

I agree with you people. Reminds me too much of Kurgan and Xena. They are going for a little too High Fantasy look with this one. Doesn't look practical, and looks uncomfortably heavy.

_A

I agree with you people. Reminds me too much of Kurgan and Xena. They are going for a little too High Fantasy look with this one. Doesn't look practical, and looks uncomfortably heavy.

_A

Like the Arnold Conan swords were practical and not heavy. :lol

Well, they _were_ at least pretty =3
(And they did look like they could really cause some damage. Unlike the new one)

_A

destroyer-1.jpg

Arnold's always be my favorite...wanted one till I saw their price tag of $2,975. :cry

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back