Buzzing the Tower (Spilled coffee) - Top Gun F-14 Diorama WIP

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

crackerjazz

Sr Member
Thanks, guys :)

Found some time to dissect the tomcat today. Drilled a pair of holes and threaded wires through:

Soldered on the LED for one engine and pulled it all the way in:

Too bright. The superbright LED is living up to its name and reminded me of the Falcon
and hyperdrive:

Cut up some cellophane and glued it inside the tailpipe to diffuse the glow of the afterburners
and change the Star Wars hue:

Now that's better:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

crackerjazz

Sr Member
Thanks 3d-builder : )

Re-checked my measurements. My tower was too big so I made a new tower.

The Tomcat was probably more than a hundred feet away during filming?

CJ 617

Sr Member
What a fantastic and refreshing idea for a diorama....can't wait to see more photos of your progress!!

DS Operative

Looking good!

Some common things found hanging from brackets and the ceilings of control towers are binoculars and light signal guns.

crackerjazz

Sr Member
Hey guys, thanks! :) Monster Dave, I was wrapped up in some RC stuff - the SCX10's wonderful! - but I should be back on this soon.

Atlanthia

Sr Member
Yes, the control tower is still in the mix but the F-14 is being superseded by by an Eagle...:)

Seriously though, how did I miss this??? Awesome idea!

crackerjazz

Sr Member
Nothing, Monster Dave, sorry. Too wrapped up in my lunar module build which I started without finishing this first. And now I want to build a hover pilder next. I need to learn how to focus.

EddieL

As long as you're updating at least one of your awesome threads, it's okay in my book! :lol

Cheers
Eddie

emtthor

Amazing. I am a huge fan of dioramas and this is one of the most original ideas I have seen. Love it.