Burton Batmobile

ghostryder

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Here's Your Chance to Own the Real Batmobile

batmobile_01.jpg

A replica can easily cost half the starting bid for a good solid example done right so that's not actually that outlandish for the real deal. Of course, with a replica you can add mirrors and lights and an air ride suspension to make it driveable and street legal without cutting into a 'priceless piece of movie history' and wrecking your investment.

--Brian

Did you know that his batmobile is based directly off a vintage plastic cereal toy?

No joke.

It was from the "Speedy Wheels" series in Rice Honeys. I had one a few years back and thought it was a Batman tie-in somehow until I found out how old it really was.

Evidently the designer had one as a kid? LOL!

-Gordon

Did you know that his batmobile is based directly off a vintage plastic cereal toy?

No joke.

It was from the "Speedy Wheels" series in Rice Honeys. I had one a few years back and thought it was a Batman tie-in somehow until I found out how old it really was.

Evidently the designer had one as a kid? LOL!

-Gordon

I just scoured the net trying to find a picture of the toy. Can't find one. Can anyone help? I'd love to see it!

I don't believe that Batmobile is an authentic screen used vehicle. The finish is gloss, the gauges are wrong...it has Six Flags written all over it.

Returns used one with the original finish as well, I think - but they definitely painted a second car with a glossy finish. That certainly doesn't prove anything about the provenance of this car - I believe there were only a couple of full-sized hero cars for the first two films, and there are plenty of replicas out there.

As for the Six Flags cars, they were undersized one-seaters that had a driver sitting up in the hood. Bob Dullam might know a bit more about those cars - I believe he was a consultant when they were starting up the stunt show.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back