Building the Tie Bomber

Measurements are the most important part. Hi-res pics are not that important.

I will post pics of what I am up to soon. :)

Tim

Greetings!

Concerning an entirely different set of parts: I have been having a horrendous time tracking down the saturn V parts for the rear ends of the TIE Bomber. I have had Saturn V's sniped away on Ebay too many times to count, so I thought I might try to scratchbuild the parts.

After much trial and error, I finished the interior parts (where the engine bells attach) to my satisfaction, but scratching the surrounding rings has been driving me insane!

As a newbie, I'm not sure if its appropriate to ask, but can anyone out there help me with maybe a template of the rings or possibly castings of the parts in question? I certainly wouldn't expect the parts for free.

For Flintlock: could these parts be printed as a whole unit like the tube section?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-David

For Flintlock: could these parts be printed as a whole unit like the tube section?

They could be printed, but printing like I've been doing is useful mostly for basic shapes. There is ribbing on the parts you are talking about and that would be hard to replicate on the printer. It also flares out a little bit at the seam, which might also be difficult to print. The basic shape though, a truncated cone, absolutely.

For Tim:

rodney.jpg

Whatever you are up to isn't going to make my printout useless is it??? :unsure

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back