Building The ANH 5'Millennium Falcon

HOLLY CRAP! I think I might have found what you were referring to. You are the man Stu.

I can see that your whole dish assembly is meant to pivot and rotate per the original.

Are you going to have it permanently attached or perhaps able to pop off with magnets like the gun platform?

It looks like you could do that for transport if you were brave enough/crazy enough to take it anywhere for display.

Loving every detail!

Alright! Someone steer me in the right direction. I've been staring at the dish and I don't see it. What am I missing?

Ok, a small update. Building up the lower engine exhaust strip. ILM's placement of each styrene 'petal' was unique & what i describe as 'wonky', so i tried as much as possible to put in the wonkiness. It may look simple to simply place each petal, but after a few goes i found a trick to placing each one!. Pretty cool seeing these go down & now onto the kit part detailing of this.

Big shout out to two awesome guys that supplied the 'struts' & 'blade' casts, you know who you are & the parts are just incredible!.

Also a little more done on the radar assembly, more to come on this.
20211208_152715.jpg
20211208_152842.jpg
20211208_152914.jpg

Taking lots of eagle 1 notes. Rivals Star Wars Chronicles. Thank you “Pathfinder.”
Thank you so much Searun. I'm not so much the 'pathfinder' i think, as others have gone before me with research & info, but the proof is in the building i guess.
I'm glad you are getting 'notes' from me, that's what we all do here & there & amass a ton of information before a build commences.

Naturally like many others I'm sure, I'm taking lots of notes here also!

For me Stu, your thread and Sean's build thread, and Gorts ID thread are immensely helpful!

As is of course Andre and Joshua's work and respective threads.

I wish there was more to be had of those that have come before. Pity much of this was lost though the likes of lost Photobucket images, or simply not published openly.
Clearly there is some momentum happening at the moment with this subject.

Always extremely appreciative of the updates!

regards,

Last edited:
Naturally like many others I'm sure, I'm taking lots of notes here also!

For me Stu, your thread and Sean's build thread, and Gorts ID thread are immensely helpful!

As is of course Andre and Joshua's work and respective threads.

I wish there was more to be had of those that have come before. Pity much of this was lost though the likes of lost Photobucket images, or simply not published openly.
Clearly there is some momentum happening at the moment with this subject.

Always extremely appreciative of the updates!

regards,
Bjorn,
Nice of you to to list and recognize these principle founding fathers. Many others from the past as you pointed out. Incredible craftsmen all.

Yea, there are many folk behind the scenes that did much of the original donor kit research which is invaluable!
Very indebted.

Yea, I think scalemates is right with this one. Your kit looks like a 76'er so its period!

I think I managed to get the first release as it has 'NEW' on the box which I have seen advertised on other first releases of this era from Airfix. The styrene parts are sky blue also.

IMG_3638.JPG

Another great update Stu, thank you!

Yea, I think scalemates is right with this one. Your kit looks like a 76'er so its period!

I think I managed to get the first release as it has 'NEW' on the box which I have seen advertised on other first releases of this era from Airfix. The styrene parts are sky blue also.

View attachment 1522107

Another great update Stu, thank you!
Thanks man!.
So i have the 2nd issue with sky blue plastic.
Possibly ILM had the MPC issue on their shelves, hard to know as i never have seen it on their shelves, not that i recall anyway.
You have a nice issue box there by the way.

Fantastic workmanship mate:cool::cool::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:...and I do the same as you: for my 2001 Docking Bay, I blew the pic on the computer to the right size (15") and took direct measurements from there. Worked very well(y)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back