Building the Acclamator Class Republic Assault Ship

HOBBIT 7

A friend of mine thought I should place a post on this sight to share in what I have been working on recently. Ever since seeing Attack of the Clones I've always wanted to attempt to build a replica of an Republic Assault ship seen at the end of the movie. After getting enough references that I could I made a prototype out of cardboard first. And just recently, I started to build it out of plastic. Have a few pictures of the prototype and the plastic version at: http://photos.yahoo.com/hobbit72000

Hobbit 7

Wow! Fantastic work! Make sure to keep posting your progress.
icon_smile.gif

It's looking really good Hobbit 17. Will you be illuminating the engines?

btw - I pinched yer schematics! hope you don't mind! I wouldn't mind having a crack at building one of these sometime too. A sea scaled clone troopers being deployed would be good, not sure how tricky that scale would be though.

Keep up the good work!
icon_smile.gif

Thanks blipper,
Haven't thought about lighting the engines. Just want to build the thing first! Very difficult project I started. Most difficult project to date! Running into problems. Had to redo a few things. Hard to build something that has no plans. Engines are frustrating to create. You know, you work on it for a few days. Then you find out that it doesn't work so you have to approach it from another angle and rebuild the darn thing! Sorry haven't posted any recent pics. Hope to soon.

Hobbit 7

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back