Build your own borg neural processor. "picture intensive"

stapleton13

Awhile back I saw a few pictures of the Borg Neural processor, and recognized it was made from a couple of Vintage lighters. After doing some hopeless searching for the other parts to build this prop. I decided to build, and cast the rest of the needed parts to create one of these for my prop collection. I would like to share the process with my fellow Trek Fans.

intro1vn0.jpg

intro2ah4.jpg

step01la6.jpg

step02ok4.jpg

step03kr5.jpg

step04ap2.jpg

step05dc3.jpg

step06ux9.jpg

step07xk1.jpg

step08hd5.jpg

step09so5.jpg

step10xi3.jpg

step11sw6.jpg

step12sl5.jpg

step13js7.jpg

step14oj4.jpg

step15qh7.jpg

step16xt7.jpg

step17cj4.jpg

Oh well that explains it... I have managed to erase every scene with Lily in it, from my memory of that film. :lol

- k

Great tutorial! But what are the puzzle pieces from?

Thanks!

-Sarge

The puzzle pieces were one of the Items I could not identify. I ended up creating most of the small parts, and casting them myself.

If anyone is interested, just let me know, and I can get you the parts for one of these accept the lighters.
neuralprocessergreebliewz8.jpg

The puzzle pieces were one of the Items I could not identify. I ended up creating most of the small parts, and casting them myself.

If anyone is interested, just let me know, and I can get you the parts for one of these accept the lighters.
neuralprocessergreebliewz8.jpg

Hi, where i can buy all that little pieces thats on the picture? :) I wanna build one :)

Fantastic tutorial!
I really love it when people are able to spot an item and reverse engineer it like this. Very well done!

Hi all
I realise this is a very old thread but i wanted to revive it.
I was lucky enough to get a kit from Myron " Stapleton Productions " years ago
I dug it out the other day and thought i should build it but i had a question.
One member commented above attached with a pic of his build and has a working LED.
I wondered how that was achieved i kind of assumed they crossed one cable with the spring. (a different one not pictured)

Could anyone help or shed some light on to how i could achieve the working LED?
I thought if the cable that goes to the gable be crossed with the spring and that would make the LED work? (i am a bit dumb but wouldn't that make the spring a conductor of a tiny electric shock?)

By luck i found a ebay auction for the lighters these used and now i can build 15 complete borg CPUs (30 Lighters should keep me busy for a while lol)

Overall a great & cheap prop and a wonderful tutorial...what more could you ask for? :)
Thanks Myron
Has anyone still got theirs?

Hi all
One member commented above attached with a pic of his build and has a working LED.
I wondered how that was achieved i kind of assumed they crossed one cable with the spring. (a different one not pictured)

I thought if the cable that goes to the gable be crossed with the spring and that would make the LED work? (i am a bit dumb but wouldn't that make the spring a conductor of a tiny electric shock?)

By luck i found a ebay auction for the lighters these used and now i can build 15 complete borg CPUs (30 Lighters should keep me busy for a while lol)

Overall a great & cheap prop and a wonderful tutorial...what more could you ask for? :)
Thanks Myron

You may need to replace the battery. When you press the button to light the lighter it starts flickering. Push it again, and it stops. You can replace the battery by removing the screw in the bottom of the lighter, and the batteries are under the little clear rectangle.

Sorry Myron i ment the led included in the kit with the spring and rubber bit i guess the antenna of the CPU
The LED i refer to is the one that sits inside the spring used as the antenna.
The main board of lights works great they all do and they are older than i am lol
Sorry for the confusion if you view Tompreys attached picture (Post #22 )you can see its also lit.
Many thanks
Chris

Sorry Myron i ment the led included in the kit with the spring and rubber bit i guess the antenna of the CPU
The LED i refer to is the one that sits inside the spring used as the antenna.
The main board of lights works great they all do and they are older than i am lol
Sorry for the confusion if you view Tompreys attached picture (Post #22 )you can see its also lit.
Many thanks
Chris

Got ya. I guess it can be done. I just never did it. That LED never lit on the real one.

Hi

the blinking antena was my work. Here are the pictures (I connected two wires to the circuit and led them out through small hole. Then I solder the black cable to it - that one you should originaly just glue inside the antena piece):

00.jpg01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg05.jpg06.jpg

Hi all

Thanks Myron

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back