Build: Resin Han Solo Hero Blaster

Corellianexports

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So last month I was contacted by a Rebel Legion member to build up one of my resin Hero kits for Celebration coming up in August.

After cleaning up the parts, I hit all of them with primer and then applied some putty:

IMG_1156.JPG

The Mauser was drilled and tapped for the two, threaded rods for the lower mount. The cradle mount was drilled and tapped for the thumbscrew. The upper part of the cradle was drilled and tapped for the two rings. About 1.5" was taken off the barrel to fit the flash hider with bull barrel.

Today I sprayed every thing with some gun metal spray paint from Tamiya. It was a color I had been experimenting with for my SS TIE fighter. I thought it might look nice as an undercoat for the blaster:

IMG_1164.JPG

I used some gold paint as an undercoat for the scope:
IMG_1162.JPG

This is probably the most fun I have with this kind of a build...painting the grips. :)
I used a combination of Rusty Primer, Flat Brown and a "sprinkle" of Satin Black. It's a little trick that Wakal taught me years ago.

IMG_1163.JPG

More to come. :)

After hitting it with a couple of coats of flat black and then satin black, it's time for assembly.
I started out by sanding the inside of the grip area and the back side of the grips before applying the contact cement:
IMG_1184.JPG
IMG_1185.JPG

Basically did the same thing with the lower mount and cradle. I didn't like the "crinkled" surface on the lower mount, so I sanded it down to prep it for some more spray paint.

IMG_1190.JPG

I used some rubber bands to keep the grips in place.

I used the spacers to mark exactly how far down the threaded rod was suppose to go and then applied some super glue to keep them in place. Once dry, I removed them, applied some contact cement and then replaced them.

I also sanded down the front the magazine area along with the inside of the grill before attaching it.

I found it was easier to simply clamp the lower mount to keep it place while installing the scope:
IMG_1196.JPG
The bottom of the scope and cradle were sanded lightly before applying the contact cement. Real screws were used to keep the rings in place. They were tight, so no glue was needed to keep them in place.

It was a little tricky making sure that the scope was straight, so I checked it from all angles while tightening down the rings. Double checking a reference photo from the Chronicles book, the windage knob should fit right in front of the forward ring.

IMG_1196.JPG

Left it over night to dry and then mounted the assembly to the Mauser with the two knobs. A little bit of contact cement keeps them in place.
Here's a beauty shot of an "as built" version of the historic blaster:

IMG_1199.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1197.JPG
    IMG_1197.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1198.JPG
    IMG_1198.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 93
Very light weathering was requested, so I was very conservative with my use of sand paper and X-Acto knives:
Resin Hero Right.JPG

I never really liked the "mystery disk" so I left it off:

Resin Hero Left.JPG

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back