Build Log - Scout EC-17 Blaster (Polymer Armory)

However though, is it as straightforward as grinding the cast transistor flat and epoxying the transistor to the grip? Any photos of the mod? Or finished?

Yep. That’s all I did. The Motorola had a couple pins on the back that I cut off and ground the nubs. I’ll take pics.
And for the Philip screws I presume you mean the ones for the scope ring? I didn’t notice that that in my research so thanks for that detail.

I meant the two screws for the aluminum hand guard. Mine came with Phillips. I replaced them with black slotted oval head screws (for light switch plates). I installed threaded inserts for the screws too.
I did replace the scope ring screws as well. I had some more correct screws in my parts box from an old scope mount.

Looks great! I recently finished the same kit.
I was also debating the paint luster - did the same satin with flat overspray. In the end my final coat was Gliddens new matte black quick dry paint. Good stuff. It even dried over an odd spot in the casting that remained tacky after the previous paint.

The rear Allen bolt is on the hero blaster but not the stunt. The hex hole isn’t as obvious on the original prop because the interior edge is rounded. I swapped the bolt that came with the kit. Same bolt was used on the strange Han droid caller that was out on tour (that’s why I already had it in my parts bins).

I replaced the resin Motorola transistor with a real one. Just a personal preference because I like real parts.

I swapped the Phillips head screws for correct slotted type. Black light switch screws work perfect.

I beveled the front of the trigger guard too.
It’s a great kit. Super clean casting. Very sharp. You can even still read the Single Point name on the scope (which was only painted). I think it was the only kit in my search that cast a real correct Single point.
very nice job zjunlimited!
lonepigeon, are you saying that this on the back is an allen bolt? I don't see any hex hole at all on this and the photo is pretty clear. do you have a better evidence that shows that clearly?
491073_9.jpg

thanks! :)

Looks great! I recently finished the same kit.
I was also debating the paint luster - did the same satin with flat overspray. In the end my final coat was Gliddens new matte black quick dry paint. Good stuff. It even dried over an odd spot in the casting that remained tacky after the previous paint.

The rear Allen bolt is on the hero blaster but not the stunt. The hex hole isn’t as obvious on the original prop because the interior edge is rounded. I swapped the bolt that came with the kit. Same bolt was used on the strange Han droid caller that was out on tour (that’s why I already had it in my parts bins).

I replaced the resin Motorola transistor with a real one. Just a personal preference because I like real parts.

I swapped the Phillips head screws for correct slotted type. Black light switch screws work perfect.

I beveled the front of the trigger guard too.
It’s a great kit. Super clean casting. Very sharp. You can even still read the Single Point name on the scope (which was only painted). I think it was the only kit in my search that cast a real correct Single point.
Have pics of your finished blaster?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back