Build a Tesseract, Cosmic Cube, A must for any Avengers Costume! Picture Heavy.

Fantastic thread guys!

I just ordered three baseball cubes so I can make a couple for christmas. I went looking for different light sources but came up empty handed. I did however come across some of the flickering tea light candles and I've got to say they're not very bright. At least not as bright as some of the steady on types.

I'll hopefully post a build here soon.

Okay, received my baseball displays today. Though the description said otherwise the feet for holding the ball were indeed attached. Urgh. Anyone done a tesseract despite this and did it turn out alright?

this is brilliant!
taking down all the details, went to my favourite store(Ebay!)
Found everything, now to wait till it all arrives, and those maplan non mercury tilt switchs are all over ebay, got enough gear to make 4 of these for around 40-50$
well done guys and thanks for the tips and inspiration!
Grem'

Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year to everyone! To all my RPF friends and acquaintes, thank you for all the friendship, inspirations and great enjoyment knowing you all has huven me this past year! I look forward to this coming year with great excitement and much happiness!
Thank you all!
Michael

awww 100$ plus shipping... I just lost my enthusiasm!:cry I need that money to buy more War Machine suppies... Maybe it will come down or go on sale!:confused
but here is the link for the Levitron...

Levitron Revolution with EZ Float Technology

My Tesseract weighs in at 9.8 oz exactly and this is with everything on board! It would look sweet! especially with company over! It would be a great conversation piece!
M

Looks good! has anybody considered using an arduino and a few leds to make the "heart" of the tesseract flash and glow and essentially look like its moving?

Looks good! has anybody considered using an arduino and a few leds to make the "heart" of the tesseract flash and glow and essentially look like its moving?

:confused OMG what a great idea! Here I am using Arduino all over my armor courteousy of Ryan aka TheRealStark and I hadn't thought of that. Man that would be hot!:love

Someone has got to do that and get us a good deal on the Levitrons!:popcorn:cool

:confused OMG what a great idea! Here I am using Arduino all over my armor courteousy of Ryan aka TheRealStark and I hadn't thought of that. Man that would be hot!:love

Someone has got to do that and get us a good deal on the Levitrons!:popcorn:cool

The only downside I can see is that the Arduino board might block out some of the light so it would have to be positioned carefully...but a floating tesseract would be epic.

Good afternoon guys, I'm new here on the forum and I apologize for resurrecting this post, but first I want to congratulate everyone here with these fantastic ideas! everyone here really are artists of enormous talent.
I want to make my own Tesseract and here on ebay has a seller who offers a version that I loved:

Tesseract Cosmic Cube Movie Prop Remote Avengers Iron Man Thor Hulk Loki Toy | eBay

and I wonder if anyone here has any idea how he did to feed Leds stay inside? already found the kit leds 5050 with remote control, but it uses an external source and it takes mobility tesseract.

I apologize to the seller if he is a member of this forum and see my question here, but to live in Brazil, it is difficult to be able to bring your product here!

Hi there...
Long time listener, first time caller. I have been lurking for about 6 months and have decided to try and be more active in this AWESOME Community, so here goes:
Laser cut sides. There are some great crystal clear adhesives out there that are UV reactive to cure. Lots of work time. If the sides are all mitered cuts and polished then there would be flawless seams all around. Down side would be the work around for a removable panel to access the guts.
The GLOW: maybe a 50/50 mix of white and clear silicone and cornstarch (OOGOO as opposed to SUGURU). Why ? See the casting thought !!
The LIGHTS: Hack the board from the flicker candle into the harbour Frieght 30 led small worklight ($2.99)
The CASTING: Cast a void in the OOGOO bigger then a small clear Christmas ornament ball. The lights go in the ball with the motion switch. The ball containing the guts can roll around inside the void turning itself on and off. LED's on the outside of the electronics. Wrap the electronics in tin foild, thus no "voids" in light output.
Just some thoughts from a newbie with a very diverse background. Please be gentle.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back