budget Batman TDK ver. 3 WIP (pic heavy)

Re: budget TDK ( re-build whole suit)

thanks bro, made own patterns. yep , while eating dinner i noticed the the placemats were new ones and asked the maids if they keep the old ones or throw them out. told me they kept them in one of the cabinets in the dirty kitchen...BINGO a whole stash of different kinds of placemats. now gonna use them for the armor plates on the torso and legs. lol

Re: budget TDK ( re-build whole suit)

how to you make the fins look 3d and the chest armor can you uplaod a template?

sorry bro i dont have templates...i draw them as i go along. based on reference pics and measure it against my body to get a correct scale for my size. the indents and recesses of the gauntlets are just folded and pasted cardstock unto the base poster board. trace the shape on the cardstock , cut then score the necessary lines then fold and glue.

Re: budget Batman TDK ( re-build whole suit)

my attempt at some of the armor plating for the abs section..

made patterns (freehand)

thats all for now..

my attempt at some of the armor plating for the abs section..
thats all for now..
I am stunned at the quality you managed to achieve:eek.....totally inspired to make build as good as my skill level will allow

... Change your name to Costume Macgyver...

"Dark Knight costume? No problem, gimme some duct a magazine and some sealant."

That gives "ballin' on a budget" a whole new meaning! That is insane quality for duct tape, plumber's putty and cardstock! Keep it up!

The difference between what you start out with anD the quality of what it becomes is unreal. Awesome build!

Thanks for the kind comments bros, am working on the shoulders right now shall post some wip pics later.

This is a really awesome build man. Pretty impressed with how you used that plumber's putty to smooth out the mask.

WOW, a comment from Stealth! i'm flattered. thanks bro!

here is what i have so far on the shoulders:

will try to get this a smooth as i can make it..hopefully it turns out ok. :)

a little bit more done today..

painted to see areas that needs to be smoothened out ...

Damn that's some fine craftsmanship! Awesome work bro, I think your cowl idea is a perfect solution to my "how can I make a Red Hood helmet without pep" problem.

Damn that's some fine craftsmanship! Awesome work bro, I think your cowl idea is a perfect solution to my "how can I make a Red Hood helmet without pep" problem.

thanks bro! yep pretty sure the cardstock duct tape base can be glassed and bondoed just like pep, but with this method the fit will be exact for anybodys head. i'd glass and bondo myself if i had the patience for sand and bondo. lol

thanks bro! yep pretty sure the cardstock duct tape base can be glassed and bondoed just like pep, but with this method the fit will be exact for anybodys head. i'd glass and bondo myself if i had the patience for sand and bondo. lol

That's what I was thinking too while reading your how to. I did a cowl in a similar fashion awhile ago but nowhere near as detailed, just used a plastic shopping bag over my head(eye and mouth holes cut out) and just wrapped my head in duct tape lol. Just a down and dirty bat cowl to wear playing with my kid :lol

Loving it so far. Gonna borrow the idea of plumbers putty for the head on my mask.

Mahalo!

IMAG0519.jpg

Found the paper masks at Joanne Fabrics, going to start a Red Hood mask with it. Thanks for the idea bro!

Oh and they're about $3 there.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back