BTTF I/II Concept Drawings

darth_myeek

Sr Member
I apologize if it's old news, but just in case it isn't.

Original Article with more pics: BTTF II Concept Drawings

concept-drawings-back-to-the-future-1.jpg

concept-drawings-back-to-the-future-2.jpg

concept-drawings-back-to-the-future-11.jpg

concept-drawings-back-to-the-future-0.jpg

Last edited:
Re: BTTF II Concept Drawings

Did they leave one of the seats out in that sketch to allow for a better view or was this Delorean a single seater cause that would have really changed the storyline.

I am not sure, I am weak on BTTF, but the pics were cool. It might just be an odd angle. It's possible that the driver's side door jamb overlaps the driver's seat. No clue. The link has eight more concept pics of different items.

I'm ashamed to say as much as I love BTTF i'm not well versed in much of this either. I just figured it would be the sketch showing what everything looks like without that seat in the way. At least that's what I'd do according to how our teachers wanted it in college. Those are some neat sketches, I always love looking at this stuff and half the time the stuff they didn't use was cooler than the stuff they went with.

Did they leave one of the seats out in that sketch to allow for a better view or was this Delorean a single seater cause that would have really changed the storyline.
the passenger seat is there... it's just hidden behind some gear. you can make out the head rest.

cool link! thanks for posting! most of the drawings of the delorean are actually from the first film... they're dated 84. the hover drawing is from 2, though.

The top concept is one of the final concepts done by Andrew Probert. It was done after Ron Cobb left the production. The middle one is one of the first sets of concept sketches done by Ron Cobb, who was the designer hired to design the DeLorean. The third is from the second film, it was done by John Bell, there is mention of this over in a new John Bell interview I did on BTTF.com - The Official Back to the Future™ News Source (its on the main page). The last is the second final Probert concept. There are more Probert designs, many were done before Ron Cobb came onto the production. I did a good interview with Probert years ago, because of the bttf.com crash, but it can be seen on the archive.net saved page here: An Interview with Production Designer Andrew Probert

Hope that helps with the backstory. Concept art is always so cool to see!

I Love stuff like this. Behind the scenes and making of art is one of my favorite "things" for lack of a better word. LOL

I have so many making of books. There NEEEEEEEDS to be a BTTF making of book! OHHHH.

Thats a brilliant Idea! hahaha

There is alot in there, but there is a ton of other stuff out there. Some concept stuff I have yet to see, the actual concepts for 1985A for example. Also there are a ton of concept art of the DeLorean that can only be seen in person if you catch Michael Scheffe's discussions. People at the We're Going Back event I believe saw stuff along with people at the BTTF reunion in Alabama.

I know there will be more interesting articles on bttf.com about the designing, building and filming of the movies. There are some cool details, so keep checking the site!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back