BTTF: Doc's Futaba Remote. An observation on the Unibox.

Egon Spengler

Master Member
I could be wrong, but I don't think the Unibox 140 is the actual item used on the prop in the films. The height of the Unibox 140 seems correct, but the width seems too wide, unless in the film it is mounted off center.

Here is what I mean. editremotedoc.jpg

Take a look at this screen capture, then take a look at a Futaba remote on the back. On the back is a grid texture. In the image above you can see plenty, though blurred, of the box like texture on the side of the project box mounted to the back of the remote. Theres enough room there for a good part of Doc's fingernail and tip to lay over.

Has anyone else ever noticed this issue?

It also seems as if the batteries on the box are mounted closer together than what I usually see on remote replicas.

I don't have my parts in front of me to check, but I wouldn't be suprised if it's shifted. You can already see in the screen cap that the box is a bit rotated in relation to the Futaba.

-Gary

Yeah, it's slightly rotated, but not nearly enough to make it so far to the right just by it turning, unless the box is either smaller in width or its just mounted off center to begin with. At least that's how it looks to me.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back