BSG mini-kits from Japan

Think Jedi

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
You guys see the mini-BSG kits from Konami yet? I got a hold of some of these here in Japan the other day. Konami produces some killer miniatures...the detail on these things is amazing. Check them out if you haven't seen them yet:

http://www.konami.jp/th/candy/galactica/index.html

It's in Japanese, but it's OK...you can click on the pretty pictures. :)

tJ

Originally posted by Think Jedi@Apr 2 2005, 11:15 AM
You guys see the mini-BSG kits from Konami yet? I got a hold of some of these here in Japan the other day. Konami produces some killer miniatures...the detail on these things is amazing. Check them out if you haven't seen them yet:

tJ
[snapback]956361[/snapback]​

So wait a minute.... You're IN JAPAN? How groovy is THAT?
Possible to talk about picking up a set for me? I hate getting stuff from ebay where I know they're jackin' me on price.

Drop me a line.

-Gordon

Well these Battlestar Galactica "trading-models" from Konami certainly do ROCK.

The workmanship and detail on these is superb. Even at this tiny size.

kt-atlantia-hand.jpg

Just look at the detailing on this Battlestar. First, note that it is NOT the Galactica.

kt-atlantia-nameplate.jpg

They even got the little Viper launch tubes on the sides of the landing bays right. :lol

kt-atlantia-topqtr.jpg

kt-atlantia-bottom2.jpg

kt-atlantia-rtside.jpg

The Viper...

kt-viper-kon-frontqtr.jpg

Complete with tiny pilot.

kt-viper-kon-pilot.jpg

kt-viper-kon-rear.jpg

Unlike the recent Joyride Studios toy, Konami decided to PAINT the bottom of this Viper. :lol

kt-viper-kon-bottom.jpg

The Konami compared to the Joyride.

kt-viper-konami-vs-joyride.jpg

The Cylon Raider...

kt-cyraid-kon-front.jpg

Compared with Joyride...

kt-cylon-raider-konami-vs-j.jpg

The Cylon Warrior..

kt-cylon-side.jpg

kt-cylon-kon-face.jpg

kt-cylon-kon-back.jpg

Compared to Joyride....

kt-cylon-konami-vs-joyride.jpg

And last (and least.) is the Cylon Basestar... boring at this scale (but necessary to face off against the Galactica I guess...)

kt-basestar-qtr.jpg

Great detail tho.

kt-basestar-kon-top.jpg

kt-basestar-kon-side.jpg

I say get a set if you can... they do not disappoint. :D

- Karl

It looks like their Galactica is based on JIM CREVELING's model rather than the original studio model. Not surprising considering how hard it is to get good reference on the original.

Originally posted by spcglider@aol.com+Apr 8 2005, 10:08 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(spcglider@aol.com @ Apr 8 2005, 10:08 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Think Jedi
@Apr 2 2005, 11:15 AM

tJ

Possible to talk about picking up a set for me? I hate getting stuff from ebay where I know they're jackin' me on price.

Drop me a line.

-Gordon
[snapback]960129[/snapback]​
[/b]

Depending on the cost of a set, I might be interested as well. Let us know if you would be interested in getting hold of these for some of us over here.

OK, tell you guys what. I can get most of these easily. I'll post an interested thread in the Junkyard. If I get enough interest, I'll do an RPF special order.

tJ

Originally posted by Darkknight0667+Apr 9 2005, 11:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darkknight0667 @ Apr 9 2005, 11:56 PM)</div>
Originally posted by spcglider@aol.com@Apr 8 2005, 10:08 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Think Jedi
@Apr 2 2005, 11:15 AM

tJ

Drop me a line.

-Gordon
[snapback]960129[/snapback]​

Depending on the cost of a set, I might be interested as well. Let us know if you would be interested in getting hold of these for some of us over here.
[snapback]961205[/snapback]​
[/b]

Hey if my photos convinced any of you to buy these models, I demand huge royalties. :angry

Just kidding. :lol

- Karl

Originally posted by Galactifan@Apr 10 2005, 08:10 AM
Cool photos. Thanks for the comparison. Too bad they're soooooo tiny.
[snapback]961403[/snapback]​

I think that the fact that they're soooooo tiny is the coolest thing about them.

Phase Pistol, I'll send you a basestar for your royalty. :)

tJ

Originally posted by Galactifan@Apr 11 2005, 08:22 PM
o.k., I ordered a complete set off eBay due to Phase Pistol's detailed pics. Thanks for helping me spend my money. :)
[snapback]962630[/snapback]​

I know, but I wanted the "secret" figure/ships too.

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back