BSG- Blood and Chrome - frakking A

Interesting point in the above article about the trailer. They didn't intend it to be made public, they didn't secure the rights to the music... sounds like someone at SyFy frakked up royally.

I think the song may have been just used as a temp track until they could either secure the rights to the song or compose a unique one for it.

But honestly, it looks more like a fan-edited trailer using the footage from the movie/digital show than an actual preview trailer (especially the fact that it mimics the teaser trailer for The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo with the music and the cutting to the tempo of the song so close that its almost like plagerism. Even compared to teaser trailers we've seen with Battlestar Galactica {example} and Caprica{example}, the trailer doesn't even look, have the same pacing or even the same feeling in comparison, which is why it jumps out more as it looking like something a fan put together than something done as a legit preview for a BSG related project).

Well, I am glad it will be shown on air as a movie so at least we have that...the decision to make it a web based is fraking dumb as *&^%$!!!! But Syfy is dumb as #&^% so I'm not suprised by their level of retardedness... I will say this from what I've seen on the trailer,( Some of you may have seen this on another site but regardless I'm saying it again, sorry), after watching it several times here are some things I've noticed. The Viper's canopy is more like the tos one that is pretty tight and close to the pilot unlike the tns one that is more roomie ove the pilot. The Raptors windshield is different along with different engines and rear wings. There are several different and new Battlestars, i.e. the gunstars and several that I've not seen before, Yeah!!!! There is a Giger-esc Cylon room and very "Alien" styled cylon machines and room things. Lots of neat interior shots of the Battlestar garage area, its nice to see a fully functioning battlestar we've never really seen this. AND LOTS of space battley goodness to.

I think the song may have been just used as a temp track until they could either secure the rights to the song or compose a unique one for it.

But honestly, it looks more like a fan-edited trailer using the footage from the movie/digital show than an actual preview trailer (especially the fact that it mimics the teaser trailer for The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo with the music and the cutting to the tempo of the song so close that its almost like plagerism. Even compared to teaser trailers we've seen with Battlestar Galactica {example} and Caprica{example}, the trailer doesn't even look, have the same pacing or even the same feeling in comparison, which is why it jumps out more as it looking like something a fan put together than something done as a legit preview for a BSG related project).

This trailer was shown twice at Wondercon (I was there both times), and at least the first time, it was shown by a SyFy producer in conjunction with Richard Hatch's BSG panel. The second time, Richard Hatch and Kevin Grazier happened to have a copy on a hard drive and let their panel attendees who stuck around to the end get a looksie at it. However, the first time it was shown from a Bluray disc in high def. Looked AMAZING. They were touting how much production value went into the CGI.

So, yes - it's an official trailer, no matter what SyFy wants to retcon spin at this point. No, it wasn't supposed to be posted on the web, and the WC staff took great pains to make sure that no attendees recorded it. But... it's very possible that someone grabbed the Bluray after the panel, or that a techie ripped a quick copy while the panel was going. I can only speculate on that - wasn't working that panel, just hanging out during it.

Someone out there in TV land needs to start up another science fiction channel. You know, one that shows science fiction.

SyFy is run by a woman who hates science fiction.

Someone out there in TV land needs to start up another science fiction channel. You know, one that shows science fiction.

SyFy is run by a woman who hates science fiction.

Yup, ***** says she wants more wrestling and less robots, aliens and shows that talk about the future. Stupid *****. :darnkids

This trailer was shown twice at Wondercon (I was there both times), and at least the first time, it was shown by a SyFy producer in conjunction with Richard Hatch's BSG panel. The second time, Richard Hatch and Kevin Grazier happened to have a copy on a hard drive and let their panel attendees who stuck around to the end get a looksie at it. However, the first time it was shown from a Bluray disc in high def. Looked AMAZING. They were touting how much production value went into the CGI.

So, yes - it's an official trailer, no matter what SyFy wants to retcon spin at this point. No, it wasn't supposed to be posted on the web, and the WC staff took great pains to make sure that no attendees recorded it. But... it's very possible that someone grabbed the Bluray after the panel, or that a techie ripped a quick copy while the panel was going. I can only speculate on that - wasn't working that panel, just hanging out during it.

I'm not saying its NOT an official trailer. I'm saying that it looks more like a fan-edited trailer than an official one in comparison to previous ones done and the fact it's mimicking the teaser for The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo too closely. I must not be making myself clear enough on this, as people keep telling me its an official trailer when I'm saying that it looks like something a fan threw together.

Last edited:
I don't think I've watched anything on SyFy since last October, maybe longer. They just don't get it and never will unless they lose the exec that puts in all off subject content.

SyFy is losing it. That trailer popped up everywhere and EVERYONE is stoked about it. I just don't get it!

Whatever. She started it down this path, and no one has reversed it.

I agree. Honestly, to quote a BSG fan I do rewatches of BSG with, KnighthawkDC, "I wish someone would start another sci-fi centered channel, like how SyFy used to be, and never change the programming to include stuff like wrestling and reality shows."

Is this right good news then bad in one whole day???? A friend at work told me about this, I watched the trailer now I come to this site and its a no go!!!!
Nooooo I was just freaking with that music too!

SyFy must hate science fiction. I don't know why they changed their name at all. This show should be on already.

The name used to be SCIFI, it was a shortening of science fiction. Bonnie, or people like her, decided that 'science fiction' really wasn't what they wanted to do anymore and they couldn't just drop the sound of the name. They decided that Syfy would give them enough distance from the words science fiction, so they could argue they aren't a channel for that kind of thing anymore and do more wrestling and crap.

They should have just changed the name to 'Turd on a Stick'

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back