BSG- Blood and Chrome - frakking A

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by neosporing, Mar 20, 2012.

1. neosporing

neosporing Sr Member

2. SmilingOtter

SmilingOtter Master Member

That does look good.

3. nwjedidave

nwjedidave Sr Member

no air date?!

What the FRAK?!

4. CB2001

CB2001 Master Member

Dude... I think my mind got frakked by awesomeness!

Last time I heard, SyFy started this off as a web series, then it was reported to become a TV movie, and then it was reported that SyFy changed their minds again and turned it back into a web series. So, yeah, no air date.

5. John Cooley

John Cooley Well-Known Member

That looks fun! Congratulations to Doug and everyone on BSG:B&C!!!

6. firesprite

firesprite Master Member

HOLY FRAK!!!! That looked AWESOME! :eek

7. ONEYE

ONEYE Sr Member

Frakking A! I want some Cylon replicas.

8. neosporing

neosporing Sr Member

old style raiders!
    [​IMG]

this time the cylons look scary!
    [​IMG]

not pulling punches
    [​IMG]

retro base stars!
    [​IMG]

Egyptian helmets are back
    [​IMG]

spaz? whatever at least real gun sounds and not that pew pew pew!
    [​IMG]

cylon?
    [​IMG]

giger on planet zero?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mcquarriesque?
    [​IMG]

9. epilepticsquirl

epilepticsquirl Sr Member

zomg zomg zomg!
    I just soiled myself, like a lot.
    Really digging those helmets too!
    Cylons look badass, Basestars look badass.

I gotta go to the bathroom real quick.

10. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Sr Member

Nice to see this got out. As of this weekend, only a precious few people had this seen this video file. Wonder who leaked it after Wondercon... Richard Hatch? Kevin Grazier? .... hmmm.

:)

11. epilepticsquirl

* glad that they did!

12. ONEYE

ONEYE Sr Member

Video clip saved.

13. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

But I want more about the politics of the planet Caprica, with poorly executed Mafiaso with gay characters because it's important to show gay people can be Mafia too, and then throw in a video game that has nothing to do with the actual reality of the world or Cylons, and then throw in a dash of a little theological discussion.

THAT'S the Battlestar Galactica prequel I want to see!!!!!

Nah, that'd suck.

This looks good though.

14. silverskyes402

silverskyes402 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

dont think the holobands are out, there in blood and chrome too :)

15. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

Must have missed them. Unless you mean the scene where it looked like a Viper was being digitally constructed/deconstructed around a pilot? Hell, I can accept it being used to train pilots, I'm not going to waste my time watching a guy play a game where he tries to siphon fake money in a virtual environment though.

16. silverskyes402

silverskyes402 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

O i completely agree, using them as training for pilots and whatnot is exactly what they should be used for, whole crappy new cap city stuff was ridiculous!

17. bish

bish New Member

Can't wait for this!

18. knightdriver2001

knightdriver2001 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

The opening shot just looked bad. Looked liked a cardboard cut out of the side of a viper blended into the scene. The rest looked great.

That basestar looks like the combined the original TV basestar and the newer ones. It had the three extentions from the newer ones coming out of the original. Kinda cool looking.

Lots of cool looking ships in there too. (Battlestars?)

I saw some kind of giant monsters jaw towards the end of the trailer too.
    Not sure what that was?

This looks great.

19. Sundowner

Sundowner Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Oh baby I can't wait!!

20. Noeland

Noeland Sr Member

I'll give it a shot. It's a good trailer.

21. neosporing

neosporing Sr Member

anything is better than watching a divorced couple argue about their relationship on an algae planet...

i'm hoping the old school red eyed cylons are in it just not in the trailer.

22. Contec

Contec Master Member

How long for Syfy to cancel this series...

23. grimlock2d

grimlock2d Well-Known Member

Yes! I hope this is as good as it looks :)

24. The Wook

The Wook Master Member

Looks frakking intense! When's it start??

Hey neosporing, how could you post all those caps and not the one of the girl's *?! :confused

And what a cool rendition of The Immigrant Song--it frakking rocks!

I've been trying to forget about Caprica, it was so dreadfully boring. THIS is what a BSG prequel shoulda been all along! Hopefully the kid playing the old man can act--he sure does look like him.

And wow, these B&C toasters are even more menacing looking than the ones in the Olmos BSG. Were there skinjobs yet when the old man was a young pilot?

The Wook

25. firesprite

firesprite Master Member

Nope. The 'Final Five' ended the war when they cut a deal with the Cylons to show them their resurrection tech. The Cylons were trying to create skinjobs, but until the FF showed up, they hadn't cracked it.

26. Skyler101

Skyler101 Sr Member

Clips down.. love to see it.. can someone PM me with a link...

Cant wait to se this...

-Skyler101

27. epilepticsquirl

28. The Wook

The Wook Master Member

29. firesprite

firesprite Master Member

30. JiminSTLouis

JiminSTLouis Sr Member

When? WHEN??

31. neosporing

neosporing Sr Member

i've gotten warnings from the mods before about keeping things 'family friendly'... and with one lifetime infraction, i'm playing it safe.. you can see the aforementioned pic in the google album

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  32. alienscollection.com

alienscollection.com Master Member

33. Kt Templar

Kt Templar Well-Known Member

With all that buzz generated...

Frakking fools. Frakking penny pinching fools.

34. Lord Boron

Lord Boron Sr Member

They need that money for more important ratings fetchers like Sharktopus vs Mega-Sea Cucumber.

35. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

Yeah, I wondered about that, I had heard it had been cancelled months ago but figured they changed their minds and didn't tell anyone. Ah well. At least we had Caprica.

:sick

36. robn1

robn1 Master Member

Well it's all spaceships and robots, and that's not what SYFY is about :sleep
    [​IMG]

37. neosporing

neosporing Sr Member

waaaaaat? :confused:cry

i can't believe this.

38. CB2001

CB2001 Master Member

39. JD

JD Master Member

With the very long delay between its announcment, its production and now finally getting a first look at it... I can say I'm not surprised at all at its 'cancellation.'

The first look at the trailer was pretty breathtaking... but it is a low res streaming copy. A low res, streaming copy that sure has us fanboys drooling for more.

You can tell a whole lot of time went into the production of this... they did a 90/120 minute movie and it took movie-like times to get the digital effects done and I'd guess it wasn't cheap. I wonder if they could pull all that off for a weekly series.

I'm very happy with Battelstar Galactica left as is. Yeah, it would've been cool to have a new series (if it was quality) detailing bits of the first Cylon war... but, I'll always have BSG - which to me, was the best television program I've watched.

I can't wait to see Blood & Chrome - and while I am dissappointed we won't see a full blown series, I am awaiting the release of this pilot very eagerly!

40. SmilingOtter

SmilingOtter Master Member

Interesting point in the above article about the trailer. They didn't intend it to be made public, they didn't secure the rights to the music... sounds like someone at SyFy frakked up royally.

41. CB2001

CB2001 Master Member

I think the song may have been just used as a temp track until they could either secure the rights to the song or compose a unique one for it.

But honestly, it looks more like a fan-edited trailer using the footage from the movie/digital show than an actual preview trailer (especially the fact that it mimics the teaser trailer for The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo with the music and the cutting to the tempo of the song so close that its almost like plagerism. Even compared to teaser trailers we've seen with Battlestar Galactica {example} and Caprica{example}, the trailer doesn't even look, have the same pacing or even the same feeling in comparison, which is why it jumps out more as it looking like something a fan put together than something done as a legit preview for a BSG related project).

42. torren_of_amber

torren_of_amber Active Member

Well, I am glad it will be shown on air as a movie so at least we have that...the decision to make it a web based is fraking dumb as *&^%$!!!! But Syfy is dumb as #&^% so I'm not suprised by their level of retardedness... I will say this from what I've seen on the trailer,( Some of you may have seen this on another site but regardless I'm saying it again, sorry), after watching it several times here are some things I've noticed. The Viper's canopy is more like the tos one that is pretty tight and close to the pilot unlike the tns one that is more roomie ove the pilot. The Raptors windshield is different along with different engines and rear wings. There are several different and new Battlestars, i.e. the gunstars and several that I've not seen before, Yeah!!!! There is a Giger-esc Cylon room and very "Alien" styled cylon machines and room things. Lots of neat interior shots of the Battlestar garage area, its nice to see a fully functioning battlestar we've never really seen this. AND LOTS of space battley goodness to.

43. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Sr Member

This trailer was shown twice at Wondercon (I was there both times), and at least the first time, it was shown by a SyFy producer in conjunction with Richard Hatch's BSG panel. The second time, Richard Hatch and Kevin Grazier happened to have a copy on a hard drive and let their panel attendees who stuck around to the end get a looksie at it. However, the first time it was shown from a Bluray disc in high def. Looked AMAZING. They were touting how much production value went into the CGI.

So, yes - it's an official trailer, no matter what SyFy wants to retcon spin at this point. No, it wasn't supposed to be posted on the web, and the WC staff took great pains to make sure that no attendees recorded it. But... it's very possible that someone grabbed the Bluray after the panel, or that a techie ripped a quick copy while the panel was going. I can only speculate on that - wasn't working that panel, just hanging out during it.

44. MooMooEgg

MooMooEgg Sr Member

Cancelled? Really?

I was just talking to some co-workers about why SyFy sucks. Another nail in the coffin... :cry:cry:cry

45. Nedax

Nedax New Member

46. Noeland

Noeland Sr Member

Someone out there in TV land needs to start up another science fiction channel. You know, one that shows science fiction.

SyFy is run by a woman who hates science fiction.

47. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

Yup, ***** says she wants more wrestling and less robots, aliens and shows that talk about the future. Stupid *****. :darnkids

48. CB2001

CB2001 Master Member

I'm not saying its NOT an official trailer. I'm saying that it looks more like a fan-edited trailer than an official one in comparison to previous ones done and the fact it's mimicking the teaser for The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo too closely. I must not be making myself clear enough on this, as people keep telling me its an official trailer when I'm saying that it looks like something a fan threw together.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  49. grimlock2d

grimlock2d Well-Known Member

I don't think I've watched anything on SyFy since last October, maybe longer. They just don't get it and never will unless they lose the exec that puts in all off subject content.

50. Sundowner

Sundowner Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

SyFy is losing it. That trailer popped up everywhere and EVERYONE is stoked about it. I just don't get it!