BRRogers / Verity Cosplay / 7 Chambers - "MoM of All Heroes"

Yeah Adam and I discussed this quite early on: the idea of making it a public asset so people could print our research for personal use. It would definitely not be the machining ‘CAD’ or ‘STEP’ files more likely an adjusted model dedicated to STL printing format. We wanted to make sure we could produce a run ourselves that reflected it… so considering we are getting into Gen 2 with a static on the line we haven’t released any such model assets yet. MEANWHILE it is not a smart move for us to release those said assets yet. I’m told that we are being watched very closely by a community of recasting lowlifes so until we feel satisfied that we’ve hit our obligation by producing (in metal) our research we’re holding this model close to our chest until we (and I think rightfully so) have a chance to see it through. As makers it’s important to give ourself that permission and I hope you guys can understand.

But yes, it is still very much our intent to make it a printable asset once we’re done with it.
I wouldn’t release a damn thing…

Good to know. I was mostly interested in creating my own pommel for a customized build, and wanted to see about getting the threading for it to fit.

I know that it may be considered crass to directly compare your version to another's product, since you will obviously feel yours is the most accurate, and don't want to disparage another's offering, but I have to ask:

The main difference I note in this saber vs. the one offered by AS is the thickness of the rings. They aren't just a little different. They are obviously different. I don't suppose someone has a pic of both side by side to illustrate this?

BRRogers can you comment on this disparity, what may be causing such a different impression of accuracy, and/or why you are confident of your grenade ring thicknesses?

I know that it may be considered crass to directly compare your version to another's product, since you will obviously feel yours is the most accurate, and don't want to disparage another's offering, but I have to ask:

The main difference I note in this saber vs. the one offered by AS is the thickness of the rings. They aren't just a little different. They are obviously different. I don't suppose someone has a pic of both side by side to illustrate this?

BRRogers can you comment on this disparity, what may be causing such a different impression of accuracy, and/or why you are confident of your grenade ring thicknesses?
Well there are quite a lot of *small* differences between Dan’s Hero and ours… we worked together to get our overall dimensions in tune and wound up sharing the internal solutions to make chassis and crystal chamber compatible for FX hilts.

Ultimately the AS is Dan’s interpretation of what he has seen in the course of research over the years, and one should consider that may include his personal preferences when creating solutions for machining. Milling artifact on the pommel, some cube geometry etc.

The grenade IS probably the most different area though as you mentioned: his V cuts are a little steeper in the asymmetry which is characteristic of the castings that we’ve seen.

The disparity is based on continued research on Adams and my end… we personally took a few more months after our initial comparison and wound up arriving at different conclusions which went into our model… so our grenade has the assymetric V cuts but aren’t quite as extreme. Based on specific overlays and image mirroring to get right.
Our pommel has some unique geometry in the profile that we incorporated after examining the newest castings and cross referencing our photos again…
Even with what we are calling the Gen 2, (as mentioned a bit before) new reference became available that galvanized what we decided to go with regarding the grenade and informed ONE adjustment to make sense of a mathematical dispute in the overlays of our gen1 model for that part.
So you mentioned the rings being different and a lot of that has to do with the V cuts… the Math, with what we determined, works out in our photo mirrors and our overlays so we go with it.

We decided to add the emitter nipple face profile after examining (again) the newest clean casting and newest photo reference… Dave arrived at a similar (yet slightly different) solution there. Our conclusion was that it was pronounced enough to include.

So hopefully that’s an objective and helpful explanation of where the dissimilarities are derived from

Last edited:
Is there plans to offer the idealised grenade section again this year?

I know some where on offer but have sold out?

Got my Gen 2 hilt on order, cant wait for delivery, Looks amazing!

Chambers sold out faster than anticipated. Chinese manufacturing quality and logistics have been a downward spiral: so we’re hoping the UK machinist can get set up to do the next batch (correctly) asap. “We will make more” is the main communication :)

Whats the status on the crystal chambers? I was told January when I asked in January. I was given a tracking number last November, but as is the world these days the last email I got said spring. Anymore info?

instagram.com/p/CaZ7Ee-q6bx/

B7FFA156-455A-42C5-9B86-0B44018DBB3C.jpeg

Hope the link above works: Lewis posted this a couple days ago as he inspects everything.
(10 minute vlog)
I understand the tracking has created confusion for people ; most anticipating that the label generation means that it has begun it’s journey in the network but it is in actuality how Lewis organizes his labeling and order lineup as he prepares the orders. We’ve been encouraging a different system of shipping prep that’s less confusing

Last edited:
instagram.com/p/CaZ7Ee-q6bx/

View attachment 1551067
Hope the link above works: Lewis posted this a couple days ago as he inspects everything.
(10 minute vlog)
I understand the tracking has created confusion for most people as they anticipate it has begun it’s journey but it is in actuality how Lewis organizes his labeling and order lineup as he prepares the orders. We’ve been encouraging a different system of shipping prep that’s less confusing
Thanks very much

Out of curiosity whats the difference between MoM of all Heroes Elite Prop Kit by Veracity Labs - Batch 3 (the one I have) and
MOM OF ALL HEROES GEN 2 PROP KIT BY VERACITY LABS?

*edit*

Primarily machined in the UK.
Alloy change with bronze neck
Alloy change with copper control box insert
Alloy change with aluminum series

Small grenade ‘V’ groove adjustment (I’ve mentioned is barely noticeable)

Pommel valleys includes the ‘warts and all’ machining flaws seen on the original in particular next to the tri ring.

And a very small machining adjustment to the top of the pommel

All in all, the biggest differences side by side visually would just be the accurized pommel flaws.

The rest of the adjustments are intended to help with fit.

The new Gen 2s also have a redesigned helper board that is compatible with plectorlabs soundboards

Last edited:
*edit*

Primarily machined in the UK.
Alloy change with bronze neck
Alloy change with copper control box insert
Alloy change with aluminum series

Small grenade ‘V’ groove adjustment (I’ve mentioned is barely noticeable)

Pommel valleys includes the ‘warts and all’ machining flaws seen on the original in particular next to the tri ring.

And a very small machining adjustment to the top of the pommel

All in all, the biggest differences side by side visually would just be the accurized pommel flaws
Thanks again. Appreciated

That would be amazing. Also he can only ship a few items a day. Something is not really effective if he needs months to ship out 113 MoM’s.
It’s a major juggle for him with logistics over all his lines of product, not just Veracity Labs, also not just items that are available on his site for which he has responsibility over (like the Verso board development for instance)- everything entails production management with machinists UK and foreign, shipping, receiving, assembly, quality control, in some cases, finishing, board testing, packing components, developing hardware updates (mechanical and electrical), ordering, store communication… etc.

He is also his own HR at the moment: In the extreme, dealing with and compensating for cumbersome employees who botch delivery and quality for customers, helping customers in the aftermath of those scenarios, responding to and coordinating with demanding product developers (me and Adam), in addition to responding to customer queries… which Adam and I do try to help where we can with.

So yeah, the label thing creates a scenario of confusion for customers and Adam and I would love to see a different system in place… but considering the quantities of products (and the complexities and difficulties we have encountered)… unfortunately for it being 1 person with hundreds of orders in processing and in production it is a lot of work that does take quite a bit of time.

I’ve said it before: if I could just *go help* I would. I don’t envy the spot he’s been in trying to regulate the challenges he’s been given.
At the end of the day we want to make sure every customer is happy

Suffice to say: what lewis needs to hit marks are no more machining problems and a reliable helper

Couldn’t find an answer here or on FB. Sorry if I’ve missed it. Question on the MoM Gen 2: in the YT video it was mentioned that the mystery divet was actually a screw and that a tutorial is available to change that yourself. This hasn’t been updated in the Gen 2 right?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back