Bronze Dominion from Prometheus

sskunky

Sr Member
I thought I would show my Dominion I cast in Cold cast Bronze. I originally was given a plaster cast and as that was very fragile I cast it in Resin.

The plaster cast was from the original mould contrary to what people have told me on here.

Last edited:
Re: Prometheus Dominion Engineer post production sculpt Bronze Edition

Man that's beautiful!!

Well done as always!!!!!

Thanks, we are really pleased with how it came out.

Last edited:

The originals of these were handed out to some of the cast and crew of Prometheus, Ridley Scott was one of the people who got one, they were made by an incredibly talented sculptor Roland Stevenson. Personally I think its a bit of a shame to see such a rare piece recast, they were offered out with the hope that the owners would not sell them or allow them to be cast, it seems that wasn't honoured sadly.

Unfortunately the fact that your original is plaster already means that you have a recast, as the original statues that were presented were made in solid cold cast bronze from the original plasteline sculpt. You probably won't wish to answer this and that is obviously your right, but where did you get this casting from?

Thanks for the info and PM's JB..... Most educational....:) :thumbsup

I thought you were asked not to cast this?
1521725_1534914056775128_3635111598054451106_n.jpg

I thought you were asked not to cast this?
At that time, yes. That was in 2013. I did not post any details on the conversation I had with prop maker I got this from and am not about to now. There seems to be a few concerned people about "my" decision on what I do with props I acquire. I think that's my business. I have never recast anything other than production made props which I still believe is the golden rule of the "REPLICA PROP FORUM" and REPLICA prop community. Please do some research you'll see that. I have offered some very rare props to this community and hope to continue doing so.

If the mods have a problem with me showing this I'll have the thread removed. Until then anyone concerned how I conduct myself please feel free to pm me. I don't think I have broken any rules of this forum. This is not a sales thread.

Pm sent.

So did the guy you bought it from change his mind and say it was okay to recast it?

Making casts of production made pieces falls into a gray area, and is generally seen as acceptable, but you did state that the seller asked you not to. Of course, he can't enforce that request, but it is kind of uncool to go against his wishes unless he has given his permission.

Honour among thieves, and all that...:ninja

At the time he asked me not to put copies all over the Internet as production had just wrapped. I honored that and still do.

This is a show off thread of the one bronze cast I've done. If you have any concerns please pm me. There is nothing to be concerned about.

At the time he asked me not to put copies all over the Internet as production had just wrapped. I honored that and still do.

This is a show off thread of the one bronze cast I've done. If you have any concerns please pm me. There is nothing to be concerned about.

So why are you offering them on your facebook page? I think the lady doth protest too much :behave

No one here was privy to whatever agreement was made between me and who I got it from.

I said I wouldn't flood sales of this when I got it as it was soon after wraps. That was two years ago. I'm still not going to flood it.
I've never asked you or anyone else to buy anything I offer. That's a choice of anyone that is interested in props I sell.

You are all members of a forum called the replica prop forum.... Founded on people interested in replica props and related items. A lot of which are cast from production made items.

Last edited:

From my face book page "If anyone is interested I may have a very limited number of these available......" that tends to mean exactly what I said. Very limited.

As it happens I have not sold one. But again I think that's up to me.

Unless I have broken any RPF rules which I don't believe I have then I'm not sure what this attack on me is founded on?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back