British events?

J Scorn

Sr Member
Hello,

just throwing this one out to Britsh members, is there any events, cons or groups that are british based?

So far, apart from a few comic cons in the london excel ive not seen or heard of anything that i can really get into.....

...and ive got big plans to make costumes but no events to go to?

is there a British version of RPF?

CHEERS guys, i know i'l get a fast response so i'l keep my eye on this thread.

I also believe there is going to be another RPF prop party as well sometime this year. The last one was in the NEC just before xmas and was fantastic.

Yeah the ukg are a really friendly bunch, as soon as I pull my finger out I hope to join the ranks :)

I've sort of wondered, how does the UK garrison and such feel about people from other garrisons wanting to troop with them? My husband is going to be working in the UK for nearly 9 months this year and it would be nice if he could do some events there since he won't know anyone to hang out with. Don't think he could bring his Jango armor though. Probably only Luke since it fits in a suitcase better. Anyway we're in Garrison Carida.

I've sort of wondered, how does the UK garrison and such feel about people from other garrisons wanting to troop with them? My husband is going to be working in the UK for nearly 9 months this year and it would be nice if he could do some events there since he won't know anyone to hang out with. Don't think he could bring his Jango armor though. Probably only Luke since it fits in a suitcase better. Anyway we're in Garrison Carida.

From what i know a 501st member can troop in any Garrison in any part of the world so long as he is a full 501st member, its just a simple case of Joining up with that particular Garrison, maybe contact them inadvance of his arrival.
having said that with all the above links and all the splinter groups he has his choice of at least 12 different groups in the UK.

We'd love to have him toop with us! :)
Tell him to sign up at the UK Garrison and introduce himself.

I'm sure there will be someone nearby to help him out.

Do you know where he will be staying?

As far as events go I'm pretty sure the biggest events is the MCM Expo at London Excel which you've already mentioned. MCM also do a Birmingham Expo in the NEC there too.
Also there's the London Film and Comic con which takes place in Earls court each year, bit smaller than MCM but more focus on films than MCM.

I would not necessarily agree that LFCC is smaller than Expo and Expo is mainly a Manga focused event. You will see far more costumes at expo because of this.

I would not necessarily agree that LFCC is smaller than Expo and Expo is mainly a Manga focused event. You will see far more costumes at expo because of this.
You're probably right about the size, I tend to assume MCM is bigger because of the size of Excel but I suppose they only use about 2 halls for actual event so it's not that much bigger than LFCC. Also I'd agreee about the Manga/Anime aspect being way bigger at Expo too. I don't mind that so much because I watch some but I could understand people who don't know anything about it being confused as to what the majority of the costumes are there.

If you have a tendency towards screen accuracy which usually involves expensive costumes, I would be cautious about attending the MCM London Expo.
The Mentality of the anime/manga and gaming crowd can run the gamut from over-zealous to down-right rude (this could be a sign of youth, but I don't remember being like that). With this in mind I would think twice about appearing in any costume that's taken you time and money to build.

The London Film and Comic con on the other hand is a great day out and people tend to show appreciation with a much more level head there.

thanks guys to the amount of replies, i can see i have a great start here.

hope to make contacts and do some events in the future.

glad to find this site!!!!

scorny

There are quite a few Costume Groups in the UK all with great events

Sign In - Hollywood Heroes

Sign In - Iconic Legion

about us

there is bound to be a club close to where you live there are so many splinter groups now in the UK, Infact there is a great event at SpacePort Liverpool that i will be reviewing for the RPF Face Book page, if you can make it i will hook up with you

ive followed the links and signed up to BOTH thanks brother!

We'd love to have him toop with us! :)
Tell him to sign up at the UK Garrison and introduce himself.

I'm sure there will be someone nearby to help him out.

Do you know where he will be staying?

I'll tell him to get signed up on the forum.

He'll be staying in St. Ives, near Cambridge.

We're looking at going to London Film and Comic Con when I come over for a visit in July. I'll be bringing over a couple of our costumes for that. :)

It should be a good show, there are some very popular names over for autograph signing that shuold draw in a lot of people.

We're looking at going to London Film and Comic Con when I come over for a visit in July. I'll be bringing over a couple of our costumes for that. :)

Excellent.
We've got quite a few members near there.

It is like you are my mother trying to make sure I make friends at my new school. :lol

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back