British Police Jacket - Edwardian era: I am looking for a jacket that will pass for a British police officer from the Edwardian era.

vistaprint23

I am looking for a jacket that will pass for a British police officer from the Edwardian era, it has a Nehru style collar. Reproductions are outside of my budget, any ideas?

There is a website lightinthebox.com. I do not know anything about them but there do have some inexpensive, which may also mean cheap, tab collar coats. There is a jacket #9044031 and a heavier, longer trench coat #9372797. This is NOT a recommendation, just pointing you to a possible starting point. Comments indicate the sizes run very small.

When you say “pass”, how closely do you mean…? To look okay in the background of a stage show or a film, as fancy dress, or to be convincing in close-up to someone without special knowledge of the era? And what is your budget?
There's someone selling £8 surplus modernish Marine/ Police tunics on eBay (not me!) which look like they could be adapted - take of the belt and epaulets, turn in the lapels and stand up the collar, add shiny/ metal buttons and collar numbers or whatever, and it would have the right sort of shape and look (maybe dye it a little darker) you are after? It's got the length and the pockets (certainly on the chest - don't know if old police tunics had lower pockets too...).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-09-08 at 18.44.19.png
    Screen Shot 2023-09-08 at 18.44.19.png
    701.5 KB · Views: 59

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back