Brief newbie intro

UmmS

Hello all,

I've been stalking the junkyard and making star wars related purchases galore, but I thought I would poke my head up forum and say hi.

I'm an almost 30 year old star wars geek who has finally embraced it and moved beyond the books into the world of costuming. I attended my first con this summer, threw together a faux jedi outfit from whatever was in my closet and was bitten by the bug.

I am currently learning to sew, in order to make costumes. I'm not sure how far I'll be able to delve into non-fabric related work, but one never knows.

I have several costumes planned, although my job has been keeping me from starting any in depth. I hope to have 2 done by next summer:

Plourr Ilo X-Wing Pilot
Asajj Ventress Concept
Cad Bane - if I get a tentative ok from the BH guild that my short stature wouldn't be a bar to 501st formal approval
Generic New Republic Human Jedi
Bariss Offee
Old Republic Givin Jedi

I think I've bitten off more than I can chew, but I'm loving every minute of it :love

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back