Bridge to Terabithia, what did I just see?

blip

Sr Member
Bridge to Terabithia. Just saw this.​

What was that? I thought it was a kids film, but I'm gonna have to call it cutting edge art.

7548-bridge.jpg

Last edited:
Which version did you see? I'm assuming you saw the 07' remake.

We read the book in school way back when and saw the 85 version in school. I don't think I have the courage to go see the remake; don't feel like holding back the man tears.:cry I just don't...:lol

What you watched was an emotional kick in the bollocks.

I'm not saying the film was bad, or even that I disliked it. What I resented, was having the trailers trick me into thinking this was a feel-good Narnia-esque movie about kids in a magical land, when the actual plot was so much more grim. :angry

I really liked this movie too. Full of nice, quirky, character touches. The scene in the classroom... was it animated bubbles that start to rise in the air?

They made us read this back in 5th grade (as part of that year's "Everyone dies, even kids!" literary theme intended to help us 9 year olds come to grips with our own mortality) long before the movie came out, so I already knew the twist. But I remember thinking when they made the film that the marketing was really off.

What I resented, was having the trailers trick me into thinking this was a feel-good Narnia-esque movie about kids in a magical land, when the actual plot was so much more grim. :angry

But I remember thinking when they made the film that the marketing was really off.

You guys are not wrong. I nearly bought the DVD for my mother-in-law one Christmas. Glad I didn't, now.

I thought it was Narnia lite!

What you watched was an emotional kick in the bollocks.

I'm not saying the film was bad, or even that I disliked it. What I resented, was having the trailers trick me into thinking this was a feel-good Narnia-esque movie about kids in a magical land, when the actual plot was so much more grim. :angry

QFT. My best friend had died suddenly that month, and for some reason me and my gf thought it would be a good movie to cheer us up. I was tricked, and I'm glad I was at the back of the theater because it was the straw that broke the camels back, emotionally for me. I hate this movie because of this.

Both films, old and new, are very well done.

I cried like a baby when I saw the old film. Read the book. Cried even more. Saw the remake.. and again.. niagra falls. :*(

Wonderful story, and something I think kids need to deal with, and be exposed to. But yeah, it's a kick in the jewels. It kinda helped me get over the death of my grandma when I was a little kid though.

I'm sad even writing about this!

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure this film out.
Something about the story was too wild to be thought up.

The filmaker was the boy in the story and it's based on a real event.

The filmmaker? I thought the writer of the book based it on what happened to her son's childhood best friend?

The filmmaker? I thought the writer of the book based it on what happened to her son's childhood best friend?

Yes, you are correct. As quoted by wikipedia" Paterson, the novel's author, drew inspiration for the novel from a real event that occurred in August 1974 when a friend of Paterson's son was struck by lightning and killed."

The book was published in 1977. I still remember the book report that I had to do for it.

Didn't Disney also turn Tuck Everlasting into a movie? That's another book we read in elementary school, but I haven't seen the movie yet.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back