Brian's Predator build

CarolinaTK9805

Well,the hunt begins! I ordered my mannequin from James today and I've got 20lbs. of Kleen Klay on the way. I am SO excited!!!!!

Ok, now, can anyone tell me an approximate amount of clay that I'm going to need to complete the whole thing?

As always, thanks everyone, for all the help this far!

Oh, that's a tough one. I'm working on a headsculpt right now, and I've probably used 15 lbs. of clay so far - and it's not even 1:1 scale! I guess that depending on the thickness of the clay you put down, and the overall size of the sculpt, you might have enough clay. I can't say for sure though.

What I would do if I were you, is to find a local clay distributor- art supply stores usually carry a bit in the way of clay. The shop were I get my materials carries Roma and Chavant clays. It's not cheap, but it's not expensive either, AND I don't get raped on shipping charges. Other than that, GOOD LUCK!

I have 50 lbs. on hand, I think I used half of that on my Wolf half mask sculpt. you can never have enough clay lying around

Yeah, I kinda figured the 20lbs. wasn't going to be enough, but it was all I could afford to spring for right now. At least it will get me started though.

I know I have roughly a little over 50 lbs of water clay on my open mouth P1 sculpt atm. but that is water clay, and i don't know what the weight to square inch ratio klean klay has compared to water clay.

-Chris

Got my first 20lbs. of clay in today. :) Now, as soon as James' mannequin head comes in, I'll be starting my first sculpt! Wish me luck! I'll post pics of progress as I go.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back