Breaking Bad Props

You're exactly right on this being the fulminated mecury scene. It would be a really nice display piece having the muela knife in the display case with a bag of "meth/fulminated mecury surounding it!

Did they use the same style of hazmat suit in season 5 that they used in previous seasons?

They did not, there was a discussion on this thread about the hazmat suits used in the production of season 5 and no one could identify them. However, the hazmat suits used in publicity photos of season 5 (like the famous one of Walt and Jesse in their suits on a couch holding beers), as well as in the first episode in which Walt works with Gale in Gus' lab in Season 3 before they were replaced with custom made suits for the rest of seasons 3 and 4, are regular old Tyveks.

They did not, there was a discussion on this thread about the hazmat suits used in the production of season 5 and no one could identify them. However, the hazmat suits used in publicity photos of season 5 (like the famous one of Walt and Jesse in their suits on a couch holding beers), as well as in the first episode in which Walt works with Gale in Gus' lab in Season 3 before they were replaced with custom made suits for the rest of seasons 3 and 4, are regular old Tyveks.

That's what I thought. I realized after submitting the question that I remembered reading about the issue finding the suits they used. I saw that super post regarding the masks they wear, so I just have to purchase a mask and the cartridges. The last thing I need for my costume is a pair of eyeglasses but I'm struggling to find a decent pair. Really wish we were able to find the exact model of the glasses Walt wears.

This makes our total count of masks... 15.

Yes... we might have a problem.

attachment.php

Attachments

• all-the-masks.jpg
    all-the-masks.jpg
    556 KB · Views: 1,873
Now that the Smithsonian Museum acquired some Breaking Bad props for its collection a few weeks ago, much more detailed photos were taken of Hank's DEA ID badge that were ever available before. I decided to revise my previous replica of Hank's ID, which was as accurate as I could make it at the time using only screenshots from the series (the ID was never in closeup so tiny blurred zoomed-in shots were all I had to go by).

4MMKmp2.jpg

My replica is now 100% accurate and has all the proper information in all the right fonts with the correct bar code and the updated accurate photo.

I'll attempt to revise my previous version of Gomie's DEA ID as well.

If anyone would like the digital file, please PM me your email address.

Last edited:
I've now updated my previous version of Gomie's DEA ID badge as well. I used a photo of the Smithsonian Museum's Hank DEA ID to revise the card template, and used the screen accurate photo of Gomie from a prop newspaper clipping from the episode Granite State (as seen below) that featured the DEA ID photos of both Hank and Gomie, which I cleaned up and restored.

LB6QRXv.jpg

My replica of the ID card is now fully accurate. As always, if anyone would like this file, please PM me your email address.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back