Brandon Routh - Kingdom Come!!!! HOLY COW WOW

I just wish they'd gotten rid of the stupid 'S' tessellation in the suit. :rolleyes:

It's a tie in with the 'Returns' suit is it not?
FA9MTY1I376RRE1.LARGE.jpg

I still have issues with the size of the emblem Much like the SR suit, its a bit too small and too high on the chest. Should be bigger and lower.

72208405_2547000671988528_7102432755622871040_n.jpg

View attachment 1063018

Just wow.... honestly he looks utterly amazing :D ive been an on and off fan of arrowverse stuff... But im certainly going to be watching this special...

Rumor has it that Brandon is playing a character called “Superman”; an alien who was raised on Earth, but never quite understood that underwear is supposed to be worn as an undergarment underneath one’s super-duper costume. This should be interesting to watch play out. Will the underwear be used as a comic “alien gag” akin to something Mork From Ork would do?

1F171D00-F253-403C-960B-D4D0F967F817.jpeg

Last edited:
Tose pesky muliple earths and the constant back and forth in Flash kinda kill me, especially in the crossovers. But here I am, grinning from ear to ear to see how they are going to fit the Kingdom Come storyline into the DC TV U. It does feel like they are starting to make an effort to at least vaguely connect the movie and the tv universes.

By the way, it would have been really, really cool to see the photograph lit exactly like the original Alex Ross artwork. Maybe the´ll do a group shot like the artwork. Fingers crossed. Still, love to see that they do put some effort into the tv format. The DV tv shows to feel a bit second class in terms of writing, directing and photography, like someone´s not taking the whole topic of superheroes in a real world seriously (compare e.g. Iron Fist and Daredevil with Arrow), but still enjoyable. And not as depressing as a lot of other tv shows out there :D ;) .

They only people trying to connect anything are Berlanti and crew. They're trying to have fun with it and give people what they want and do the things they always wanted to do themselves. It's as if they're trying to tie it all together because DC can't/won't/doesn't know how. I mean, this is DC for you, look at ALL the characters mentioned to be in this thing. EVERYONE is basically there with one exception: Batman, because they've refused to allow them to use him in any way. Stephen Amell flipped out when they were finally able to utter the name Bruce Wayne just last year.

I know there are those out there who aren't a fan of these shows, but it seems nearly all the cross overs have been fantastic. I see no reason this won't be the same, and frankly, i'm expecting a lot as it's basically Amell's swan song (though he said he's opening to appearing in crossovers down the road).

*delurks for 2 minutes*

Wow, glad to find out I'm not the only weirdo who loved Brandon in SR. (Seriously, SR was the only other film in my life that temporarily knocked me into a fandom other than SW, which for me is saying a lot. :p I know the Donnerverse existed before then, don't judge me...but I got that euphoric "I'm a kid again" feeling coming out of the theater after SR, the same way I'd felt after seeing the OT SEs in '97.)

So happy to see him filling in the tights and glasses again and having a blast.

*delurks for 2 minutes*

Wow, glad to find out I'm not the only weirdo who loved Brandon in SR. (Seriously, SR was the only other film in my life that temporarily knocked me into a fandom other than SW, which for me is saying a lot. :p I know the Donnerverse existed before then, don't judge me...but I got that euphoric "I'm a kid again" feeling coming out of the theater after SR, the same way I'd felt after seeing the OT SEs in '97.)

So happy to see him filling in the tights and glasses again and having a blast.

I felt the same, which is why I saw SR 5 or 6 times in the theater.

Henry Cavill is like looking at wet paint drying..

In case it's not on folks' radar, those of you who like Brandon Routh should check out Dylan Dog. Bonus points that the actor who plays Jimmy Olsen in Superman Returns is in it, too.

They only people trying to connect anything are Berlanti and crew. They're trying to have fun with it and give people what they want and do the things they always wanted to do themselves. It's as if they're trying to tie it all together because DC can't/won't/doesn't know how. I mean, this is DC for you, look at ALL the characters mentioned to be in this thing. EVERYONE is basically there with one exception: Batman, because they've refused to allow them to use him in any way. Stephen Amell flipped out when they were finally able to utter the name Bruce Wayne just last year.

I know there are those out there who aren't a fan of these shows, but it seems nearly all the cross overs have been fantastic. I see no reason this won't be the same, and frankly, i'm expecting a lot as it's basically Amell's swan song (though he said he's opening to appearing in crossovers down the road).
Except Batman will be in Crisis, or at least Bruce Wayne will, played by Kevin Conroy. Plus Burt Ward is supposed to cameo too, but there's no confirmation on who he's playing. Not to mention the whole Batwoman inclusion. So even ol' Bats gets a part of this crossover.

I was surprised how many batman ref's have been in one episode of Batwoman to be honest. Maybe DC finally said @#$% it and let them say it. I can tell you going into last season they were forbidden from saying Bruce Wayne or Batman in any of the seasons across the board. Stephen Amell made an excited post when he got permission to finally say Bruce Wayne. He shouldn't have had to wait 7 years to say it either.

Conroy's in it as BW, but past that we don't know. I thought they specifically said Wayne only, so i don't know. Be nice if they finally let it happen, but I'm not holding my breath.

I mean, Smallville couldn't make Clark Superman completely for the same asinine reason - they didn't want people to confuse the movie and tv versions. But, as of last count we're go to have 3 supermen in the crossover.

DC is just great at screwing themselves.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back