Brak's Buddy's trooper comparisons...

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
Fellas,

I have changed my mind. After looking at these comparisons a bit more carefully, I am not sure that they are TRUE comparisons so I went to work with my mad comparing skills and was shocked at what I discovered... The AA IS THE BEST. But don't take my word for it. See for yourself.

First, I think Rune and Mike unfairly oversharpened their comparisons, so I have taken the liberty of bringing them back to a more accurate reprsentation. Once this was done it immediately became clear which helmet was the most screen accurate. WINNER - AA. (the one in the middle doofus... DUH.)
clarity1.jpg

Second, the overlay test. By taking an image no one can argue with in any way, shape, or form in regard to authenticity and overlaying it on each helmet, I shouldn't even have to tell whose helmet clearly comes out ahead. WINNER - hearts-a-lot... errr... I mean AA.
clarity2.jpg

Third, the all-important line test. I am not really sure what this line is supposed to point out but it is there to show you I am pointing out/covering up some very important detail. Just look at how the SAME LINE on the GF and Gino turned out. I swear I didn't do this. It just turned out that way. Winner - you guessed it. AA.
clarity3.jpg

Fourth.... ok ok... I just tried to make the GF and Gino helmets look bad here and the AA look good. Sue me. Winner - AA.
clarity4.jpg

Fifth, the zoom test. I have zoomed in 5000% and found that the AA has a detail the GF and Gino are lacking. See it? It is that little dark spot. Come on... I put an arrow pointing to it for crying out loud. Do you see that on the GF or Gino? No you don't. Is it on the real helmets? I don't know but Andrew made this helmet and the real helmets so it MUST be there. I think I might have seen it on that first stormtrooper that gets shot coming through the blasted detentioncell doorway. I swear it is there.. Just freeze frame and zoom. Winner - AA.
clarity5.jpg

Sixth, did I say that Mike and Rune oversharpened the pics? I meant undersharpened. When I sharpened them up look what I found. Winner - AA.
clarity6.jpg

Last but not least, the distortion test. Mike and Rune really didn't do a good job with the helmets so I have corrected them to accurately reflect what they look like in person. Winner... do I even need to say it? SURE I DO........... AA.......
clarity7.jpg

Dear Mike and Rune... sorry to highjack your thread but the truth HAD to be known. now... back to my coffee.

Last edited:
Originally posted by DL 44 Blaster@Jan 25 2006, 08:23 PM
Braks,you are a sick,sick man :lol

[snapback]1167978[/snapback]​

I am trying out this "too much time on my hands" thing... I think I like it...

Brak's... that's just about the funniest damn thing I have ever read on the RPF in my entire time here. Possibly longer. :lol :lol :lol

Totally made my day, that did. (And I am having an incredibly good day.)

The halo one is just brilliant. Oh man...can't stop laughing. :lol :lol :lol

Cheers.
TJ

PS. You should drink coffee and eat chocolate more often. ;)

That has to be the funniest AA/SDS post ever.

I agree we need to see some armor comparisons now because I am still not convinced.

Brak's, you should probably wait until the court case is over before you post any more comparisons as that is just your OPINION.

I'm not saying AA didn't not use the original moulds to create his REPLICA (which is just that, a REPLICA), but I have yet to see the inside of a screen used AB plate and AA never used the word Star Wars, ANH or ESB on his website clearly therefore his REPLICA helmet is the best.

Just call AA and ask him. He is very friendly.

:cheers,

TJ

i recently broke up with the ol girlfriend,

and that being said, been a little down and out.. but opening this thread brought a smile to my face so big it Fn hurts...

OMFG...

that is the funniest Fn thing i have ever seen...

:lol

:lol

Originally posted by Brak's Buddy@Jan 25 2006, 04:17 PM
Fifth, the zoom test. I have zoomed in 5000% and found that the AA has a detail the GF and Gino are lacking. See it? It is that little dark spot. Come on... I put an arrow pointing to it for crying out loud. Do you see that on the GF or Gino? No you don't. Is it on the real helmets? I don't know but Andrew made this helmet and the real helmets so it MUST be there. I think I might have seen it on that first stormtrooper that gets shot coming through the blasted detentioncell doorway. I swear it is there.. Just freeze frame and zoom. Winner - AA.
[snapback]1167972[/snapback]

CRAP, I missed that detail.....well done. Nice to see someone else doing comparisons for a change ;).

:D

Thomas

Originally posted by Brak's Buddy@Jan 25 2006, 04:17 PM

First, I think Rune and Mike unfairly oversharpened their comparisons, so I have taken the liberty of bringing them back to a more accurate reprsentation. Once this was done it immediately became clear which helmet was the most screen accurate. WINNER - AA. (the one in the middle doofus... DUH.)

Who's comparison is that? I thought it was one of mine...one of the sharper ones.....hmmmm.... ;)

Thomas

Better watch out. Pretty soon, some evil person will start recasting comparisons. :lol

Great thread. Way to keep us all in high spirits. :)

/Joe F

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back