Borg Alcove Creation

FalenRomeo

Greetings everyone,

I always like to have a little project going for my man cave. I have a section of my man cave that is taken up with signed by Blizzard World of Warcraft cardboard cut outs. My recent project has been to create a fully functioning Borg Alcove. I got some ideas from people on this website. While my wife appreciates my project to some extent (Seeing as how we both LOVED Voyager), I figured some other enthusiasts appreciation is in order. I have taken progress pics and am going to continue to upload them as time goes on.

Attached to this post are my original measurements and the partially completed shell of the alcove.

I finished the shell, painted it, and started attaching salvaged electronics to it. The electronics are salvaged from old computer parts, steroes, etc. I have painted them gloss black.

Last edited:
After scavaging up old parts and equipment, more and more electronics have been added to the back. I am almost finished with the back, as in, its almost completely full of electronics. For xmas I will hopefully be getting the first part in phase 2 of construction, which is an 18 inch plasma disc and a fog machine :)

I didn't think I would get time to work on the alcove this morning. I managed to use the rest of my salvage and complete phase 1 of my construction. The entire back shell of the alcove is complete and the paint job is finished as well. I don't plan on any progress until after xmas. I'm hoping to get the plasma disc or the fog machine for xmas.

Todat I officially begun phase 2 of the alcove creation. I started by building a frame on the top of the alcove to mount the plasma disk.

Now, for extra affect I have attached a fog machine and mounted to an arm of the frame. I tested it before I mounted it and it just made it look sweet.

The plasma disk works great and the fog machine is set on intermitten spray. Overall it looks great! Well, in my opinion.

Tomorrow I'll begin phase 3.

Alrighty yall,

Phase 3 is complete. I added a single light mount of the left side. I also added a "Maturation chamber" on the upper left arm. I've attached pictures. *Tear* Its beautiful :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back