Boots

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Jamie Davison

I have just bought some boots for a vader costume, does any one know of a tutorial on how to add a zip on them. I have done a search but couldnt find anything. Thanks.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

ob1al

Sr Member
The 'Vadermaker' site used to have a section about adding laces to the back of the boots. I think he split them down the back of the calves, added the lace holes (with a special tool; a local cobbler could do this easily enough) and threaded them up with boot lace.

I always thought thatwas a good idea, as it gives a bit of 'play' in the tightness of the boot. This is whaty I have done with the boots on my mannequin.

Alternatively, I'm sure a cobbler would add the zips to the boots for you for just a few quid.

Al

rigormortis

Yeah, it shouldn't cost too much and would definately make it easier to get in and out of. I know I struggled for almost 45 minutes the first time I wore mine and tried to get them off after being on my feet for 7 hours. That sucked.

rigormortis

Because that would make far too much sense. :D

I'd say split 'em, use a leather punch to punch out lacing holes and lace 'em up. But a zipper would be prettier.