Books about props

Raza Crew

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey all,

I'm trying to build a library with books about props and costumes. I already have Brandon's Star Wars Costume book and the Lucasfilm Archive book. What other good ones do you all have that give nice detailed stories/pics about props/costumes?

Hey all,

I'm trying to build a library with books about props and costumes. I already have Brandon's Star Wars Costume book and the Lucasfilm Archive book. What other good ones do you all have that give nice detailed stories/pics about props/costumes?

ghostbusters visual dictionary
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/ghostbusters-daniel-wallace/1120934060?ean=9781608875108

back to the future visual dictionary
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/back-to-the-future-michael-klastorin/1121191667?ean=9780062419149

these are right beside my star wars costume book

Hey Stansfield,

for the Star Trek universe I can add "Star Trek Aliens & Artifacts" from Michael Westmore, Alan Sims, Bradley M. Look and William J. Birnes.

Dietrich

"Star Trek TNG Sketchbook: The Movies: Generations and First Contact" has a lot of concept art for costumes and props, and occasional photos of the finished items, and some commentary by the designers.

The Art of Star Trek has similar material, covering TOS, TNG, VOY and DS9, and the movies up to Generations.

Most of your major movies now will have a "Making of / Art of" book.

Additionally, there is a "Art of SW:ANH" book, and the DK 'Visual Dictionary' series on Star Wars.

Unfortunately, you'll find that even most 'making of' / art books are going to cover the whole movie, and not focus on only props or only costumes.

I'll 'second' the mention of "Bob's Basement."

Additionally, some auctions publish catalogs, which should have at least one good photo and a description of size & materials for most props / costumes, though you won't find much of a 'story' about them.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back