Book of Boba Fett EP 5 Blaster

Elevader

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Spoilers for Episode 5 of Book of Boba Fett…

I couldn’t help but instantly fall in love with the little hold-out blaster Din had to check.

5F6CA500-2911-489F-8E5A-CA5B9DD6C12C.jpeg

Looking through other threads, it appears to be a FP-45 Liberator pistol. No idea on the rarity of those, but this a blaster I’d love to own.

34E7F555-7FA6-4E5C-A469-AC6896948CA7.jpeg

Spoilers for Episode 5 of Book of Boba Fett…

I couldn’t help but instantly fall in love with the little hold-out blaster Din had to check.

View attachment 1538585

Looking through other threads, it appears to be a FP-45 Liberator pistol. No idea on the rarity of those, but this a blaster I’d love to own.

View attachment 1538587
Looks like a winner to me, was this in his armory inside the razor crest?

Yep, that is a Liberator from WW II. I don't know how rare they are but one of the replica handgun makers makes/made a.replica of it.

Yep, that is a Liberator from WW II. I don't know how rare they are but one of the replica handgun makers makes/made a.replica of it.

Here is the reproduction:

There was a replica resin version:

and

Last edited:
Here is the reproduction:

There was a replica resin version:

and

Wwwwwhoa… 600 bucks

Wwwwwhoa… 600 bucks

There is also a free file on thingiverse. Not entirely accurate, but...

Hmmmm...the base is a Liberator for sure, but the prop dept. seems to have used a MP40 mag well to "dress it up" a bit.
What do you guys think?

Hmmmm...the base is a Liberator for sure, but the prop dept. seems to have used a MP40 mag well to "dress it up" a bit.
What do you guys think?

It looks like they definitely took inspiration from an MP40 magwell, but it doesn't look like they used one on the blaster. The ridges look like they are added separately to the cut-down liberator grip. They did a similar thing with the Sedgley blaster's barrel, which was clearly inspired/based on an MP40 barrel, but was completely fabricated.

If I squint I think I can see yellow-brown wear marks on the top of the grip, which would suggest that the prop was made from a resin cast. I highly doubt they would have used a genuine Liberator or even a functional replica, judging by the price of them.

Mando_Liberator.png

Edit: added a picture highlighting points where paint has chipped, which would seem to reveal a green resin/plastic below.

Other modifications I can see are the ring on the barrel behind the front sight/trigger guard and a rivet/screw/dimple added above the trigger.
And obviously the new floor plate for the grip.

_A

Last edited:
I take it back! Clearly there are multiple props, or at least the blaster was refurbished (or worn down, more likely) between takes!

Mando_Liberator_2.png

The wear patterns on this shot are noticeably different from the overhead shot, and here the wear pattern on the top of the grip piece and on the barrel definitely show metal.

_A

Is it safe to assume this is probably another 3d print inspired by real guns like most of the Mando stuff rather than a true vintage liberator pistol?

There is also a free file on thingiverse. Not entirely accurate, but...

Free is my kind of style

I think I'll get a casting made from my scratch-built one and do some mods. :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_3669.JPG
    IMG_3669.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_3671.JPG
    IMG_3671.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Free is my kind of I downloaded this from another free STL site and printed it (except the guard which needs to be heated to bend it) in resin. There is one major part not in the separate files - the pin that connects to the hammer. In the colored section cut view it is a silver rod with the end portion a slightly larger diameter. Easy enough shape to replicate and quite honestly unnecessary for a static prop. Funny enough it is inside the Combined file.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back