Boar Bio (3D, pepakura, fiberglass)

NeXXt

Made this model two months ago.

Clip.png

Clip_2.png

Clip_3.png

Clip_4-1.png

Second version with some corrections. Re-unfold it.
last%20edition.jpg

Fiberglass form (glass mat and epoxy resin). The paper layer almost sanded off. Small elements made of ePVC.

DSC06010.jpg

DSC06008.jpg

Final result (primer, dark metal and bronze metallic, shading and weathering with black acrylic, dry brush with silver chrome).

DSC06020.jpg

DSC06022.jpg

DSC06015.jpg

DSC06021.jpg

Attachments

• boar_v20_by_nexxt.zip
    251.7 KB · Views: 200
Damn NeXXt you are just about the equivalent to Predator ***** because you can take a 3D image and turn it into a prop as if you got it straight from either ADI or Stan Winston.
alien_religion__predator__by_certified_smooth-d6olq2x.jpg

Your 3D work is a thing of beauty. Each bio you make is just astounding in it's detail.

Now I have buttered you up.. any chance of the PDO for the bio? When I am making Bios for display, yours will be the ones I would go for.

Great work. What did you do to get the final texture?
Thank you!

Some texture done with engraver spherical, conical an cylindrical milling cutters. Then sprayed on it gray and bronze metallic paint. Next was airbrushing of the thin layer of black acrylic paint. When paint dry it's easy rubbed off (wet fabric with alcohol). Final step was weathering of the whole mask (drybrush + chrome metallic) and covering the matte varnish.

DSC06025.jpg

DSC06027.jpg

Well it took several days and a lot of hours but it's well worth it...Boar Pep done. Thanks to NeXXt for this great pdo! I found some great glue to use, it's Scotch 3M clear glue in two way applicator...It gets a grip in less than 30 seconds with light app and dries solid in about 2 mins or less and it's at Walmart. Still doing some touch up and shaping/bracing but will try to get resin on it today. This has been a fun project and next I think will be the Pred Spear. BTW, I used 90lb photo paper cause I had it and had to order 100lb card stock over the internet since nobody locally carries it.

done%20cu_zps24v0haxe.jpg

Done%20inside_zpsnrehtgys.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back